Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
betty

SOLAR LIGHTS AT BIG LOTS

4 posts in this topic

Big lots has lots of different styles of solar lights on sale this week-hanging, garden stake, hidden in "rocks" etc. The 4 pack of walkway stakes are $16. The stakes are NOT permanently mounted to the lights. I plan to use them inside. I bought outside metal candle lanterns to fit them so that I can carry them outside to charge and inside to provide light in my dark no-natural light bathrooms etc. to save on my electric bill. These would be good for emergency indoor lights too if the power is off.

Big lots has lots of gardening supplies like hoses, pots, hand tools, shovels etc for anyone wanting serious garden items.

Big lots has lots of different styles of solar lights on sale this week-hanging, garden stake, hidden in "rocks" etc. The 4 pack of walkway stakes are $16. The stakes are NOT permanently mounted to the lights. I plan to use them inside. I bought outside metal candle lanterns to fit them so that I can carry them outside to charge and inside to provide light in my dark no-natural light bathrooms etc. to save on my electric bill. These would be good for emergency indoor lights too if the power is off.

Big lots has lots of gardening supplies like hoses, pots, hand tools, shovels etc for anyone wanting serious garden items.

nice

WOW! LOOK what I found at Wally World!

OK, so we were shopping at Walmarts and I was looking at all the new solor lights they have when I spy this:

2 solor spot lights for $19.95

They are bell shaped and have the solor panel on top with a on/off switch as well.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got thinking maybe this will work as a reading light or night light for the times we are not using electric?

Man are these things bright (with 3 large LED lights in them) (well for solor they are?)

after settting them outside overnight to charge I got them back inside and made 'mounts' for them using small 3 pound weights with a piece of garden hose that fit into the hole in the weight plus still fit inside the tube that the steak goes into when you mount them outside. This way we had the lamp standig up and with the weight they are very sturdy as well. Now we have them on the bedroom night stands and they work great for reading at night. And I also had them set up on top of the hutch so they light up the room when we want to be able to work in the big room.

Let me tell you I am very impressed wiht these lights ( and it take a lot to get me that way)

They do take a special battery (not AA) so if you every have to replace it ?????? but we have some other solor lights that we have had for years and they are still using the ones that came with them.

This would be great for kids rooms where you don't want to leave a candle or lantern burning all night long.

Now so far all I been doing is turning them so they (solor panel) face the window and it seems that they are getting enought light to recharge so we can use them reading at night. May need to put them out if the power goes out and we need them all night long.

OH, and they are so good we may even use them when we are 'on the raod' seeing the base has worked out so well - they look like little table lamps.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0