Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jori

Long term storage of chocolate

4 posts in this topic

I did a quick search because I remember the discussion but didn't see it. I wanted to make sure I'm correct, I can store chocolate chips long term in one of my canning jar (gallon) with one or two oxygen absorbers. Am I correct in my recollection of the thread?

I did a quick search because I remember the discussion but didn't see it. I wanted to make sure I'm correct, I can store chocolate chips long term in one of my canning jar (gallon) with one or two oxygen absorbers. Am I correct in my recollection of the thread?

I haven't seen the thread, but can tell you it will get old. Anthing that has any kind of fat, like chocolate will get old and rancid if it's not frozen. I store tons of cocoa powder, bit only freeze the solid stuff. Brown rice will also get rancid because of the oily shell, wish I'd known that prior to the big purchase, store white rice instead. Same with nuts.

I haven't seen the thread, but can tell you it will get old. Anthing that has any kind of fat, like chocolate will get old and rancid if it's not frozen. I store tons of cocoa powder, bit only freeze the solid stuff. Brown rice will also get rancid because of the oily shell, wish I'd known that prior to the big purchase, store white rice instead. Same with nuts.

Ugh!!! I didn't even think of the nuts. I picked some up at Christmastime and normally put them in the freezer but didn't this time. Doing that now!!!! Thanks

Would vacuum sealing work?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0