Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrabGrassAcres

Prayers please

19 posts in this topic

She lives in Kentucky and her home was destroyed tonight by a tornado. She and family got out ok and staying with friends. Just pray as the Lord leads.

Thanks to God that they got out safely!!!!!! Now, to deal with the aftermath.... :pray:

MtRider

Sending prayers! :pray:

The wind is so bad here, again, I'm on high alert ready to go to the basement at any minute. It blows then slacks off just enough to lull you into a sense of relief only to start up again. I'm amazed we still have electricity. It's nerve wracking.

Adding my prayers for Gayle. Mom11 was in the basement last night for a while. Will check on her in a bit.

Edited by snapshotmiki

They are digging thru the rubble to see what is salvageable. I'm praying her preps are mostly ok and not a total loss. Also praying they will be offered a FEMA trailer to live in while rebuilding.

The family got out safely, thank the Lord!

Their barn is destroyed and all the outbuildings. The roof and outer walls of the mobile home are gone but the tie downs seem to have held and a lot of their stuff is being salvaged. They had lots of help yesterday to pick up what could be rain/snow damaged and put that in a friend's storage. Someone offered a vacant house that is for sale. They can live in it temporarily for just paying utilities and showing it. The work vehicles all need repairs, and sounds like one was destroyed. They will need a new house! but at least have someplace to stay for now.

God was merciful and there were few deaths and not nearly as many injuries as you'd expect for the amount of property damage. Some small towns were completely destroyed in the area.

I am so sorry for Gayle, CGA. I am glad they are ok however.

Watching all this unfold the last couple days has been staggering again and of course so very painful for those involved directly

It is good to know they have a home to be in. I feel so badly for anyone stuck out in the elements due to their homes being devastated if there are any.

It is just overwhelming I am sure to have so much lost.

It makes me think even a small root cellar on any property I may own in the future is going to be dug asap. With easy, clear access in case of storms. It seems to be no longer an option or luxury but rather vital to me.

well, crud, someone checked on that photo, CGA, it is of a volcano, not Rome Ga although it was posted by Foxfive in GA news media, but is an old photo of a volcano.

I have seen photos of volcanos with lightening in the volcanic eruption. Sorry , it mislead me too. Still fantastic photo but not related to tornados. I have deleted it. Still, it seems symbolic ! ( edited to remove photo).

Edited by arby

see my post above CGA again.. had to delete photo, it is a photo of a volcano eruption. ( they do generate lightening in the spewing....... grr. sorry folks... ended up going back and seeing someone did a bit more research on the site it was posted on on fb.) It is an old photo of FoxFive in GA however and not doctored but is from a volcanic eruption not a tornado. :misc-smiley-231:

Ah well, Arby. It was an awesome pic anyway. Thanks for the correction tho!

MtRider :thumbs:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0