Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeepers

Vertical/Container Gardening

6 posts in this topic

That's pretty cool. Would be good for someone with very small space. You could do quite a few of these with all of the plastic bottles available.

Love it! I'm trying to decide where I could put one. We're not doing a garden this spring due to toooo much summer activities, but I could do this with herbs and lettuce. I just have to decide where and find enough bottles.Thanks for sharing it!

:balloons: Oh my gosh! This is *just* the thing for an avid container collector like me. It proves I'm not just a hoarder if you're USING the stuff - right. :wink (2):

Seriously, this is even better, I think, than the one I posted in Urban. http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43996 Cuz of the lack of evaporation, this watering system is GREAT for our arrid climate. In a humid one, you might get fungal growth in those clear bottles - open to sunlight on the roots. :shrug:

But I see in one pic that he's used opaque containers too. Cottage cheese or yogurt cartons... For a bit larger plant. Can't get one that has a very broad root base but....lots of potential. And watering is a snap!

I like it! Where can I put one. NOT along the goat fence.... :shakinghead:

MtRider [itching to garden but wary and weary of The Drought! :unsure: ]

I just posted the results of looking at this vertical garden video.... http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45548&st=0#entry377936

Oh my gosh....this and some other techniques have some HUGE potential for my issues with aging/disability, poor soil, no rain, and maurading deer/bunnies/elk/etc

THANK YOU, Jeepers! This is where my quest began.

MtRider :hug3:

My Pleasure. Hope it helps. I know I appreciate standing up to do some gardening or at least not crawling on my hands and knees. This can be used in smaller places too.

:bighug2:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0