Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dogmom4

Urban Chicken Coops

13 posts in this topic

Been getting sucked into Pinterest again. I would l love this coop! Don't love the price though...

http://eartheasy.com/yard-garden/chicken-coops/kippen-house-urban-chicken-coop-planter

Hey Annarchy, could you help me out please? I keep trying to put the image on and its not working...

Study that picture a while, figure out how much , dimensions and materials you need and what color paint suits you, and make your own for about 20 % or less if you use recycled materials. ( of that outrageously priced coop. )

Because I looked, and its a nice simple design for 2 -4 hens.

do you want me to see if I can copy and upload the pics of it for you to look at here? because you cant view them?

Edited by arby

So the website is called EarthEasy.... Clearly the prices aren't WALLETEASY!!

I do like the idea of the garden space on top. That is something that I could do with my quail cage. I already set lots of flower pots with herbs and lettuce up there. To have an actual raised bed would really increase the yield.

Study that picture a while, figure out how much , dimensions and materials you need and what color paint suits you, and make your own for about 20 % or less if you use recycled materials. ( of that outrageously priced coop. )

do you want me to see if I can copy and upload the pics of it for you to look at here? because you cant view them?

I don't have the skilset to build something like that unfortunately, arby. Or know anyone for that matter.. And thanks on the picture offer. I can see them, I just wanted to see if they could be put into the post so others could.

I used to, lol It doesn't seem too difficult though if you get someone to help? Maybe someone will drop out of the clouds with lumber and supplies and a set of plans! Yea, that would be nice wouldn't it?

Incredible price tag on that site however!

Been getting sucked into Pinterest again. I would l love this coop! Don't love the price though...

http://eartheasy.com...en-coop-planter

Hey Annarchy, could you help me out please? I keep trying to put the image on and its not working...

Look on youtube, they have lots of homemade chicken coops that roll and how to do it. Some pretty good ideas!

HOW MUCH !!!!

Very sorry. But at that price I would want a converted garden shed at the least. Also not sure how sturdy it would be with a dirty great tub of Earth on the top. Plus they mention the insulative properties of the roof and leave big gaps in the sides. Plus it looks like cleaning would be a b*tch. Forget it..

Oooooppssss, missed this.... sorry DM :ashamed0002:

kippenhouse_back-open.jpg

kippenhouse_front-open.jpg

kippenhouse_top.jpg

kippenhouse_inside2.jpg

$1,250.00 but it has ***FREE SHIPPING***

No worries Ann. I must have missed the free shipping part...I'm going to pull out my checkbook right now...... :008Laughing:

Ogre, I still like the idea of the usage of space...there are lightweight growing mediums I believe....

Make it like a chicken tractor with no bottom, use peat moss in the planter..... attach removable shutters... and viola... :cheeky-smiley-067:

Not sure about US prices, but I don't think there's £100 worth of wood in the construction. Your paying for the twee idea of having a raised bed above your chooks.

I think it would make a great cat house in the yard around here, lollll...... with critters that like to eat them, they might enjoy the view with some protection from the other critters outside.... Grow Catnip above and it would be their haven for sure!

http://eartheasy.com/yard-garden/chicken-coops/kippen-house-urban-chicken-coop-planter

Grow herbs on the top, do a set of tire taters nearby and it's One Stop Shopping for dinner. :happy0203:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0