Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainygardener

People Changing, yea!

9 posts in this topic

My sister and her children have lead a very privledged life for the last 30 years and never thought of prepping and such non sense, but last night I saw a huge change. My sister put in a pantry and her kids started to put together emergency supplies for their houses. I was thrilled to see the changes, because they wouldv'e thought us preppers, nuts 5 years ago.

Yes, people are waking up to self reliance!

Edited by rainygardener

My sister and her children have lead a very privledged life for the last 30 years and never thought of prepping and such non sense, but last night I saw a huge change. My sister put in a pantry and her kids started to put together emergency supplies for their houses. I was thrilled to see the changes, because they wouldv'e thought us preppers, nuts 5 years ago.

Yes, people are waking up to self reliance!

:cheer::hapydancsmil:

Maybe due to Katrina and Sandy they are FINALLY seeing that, in an emergency, being dependent on the governmental agencies for "immediate" help isn't smart. :woohoo:

Excellent!

I think the more noise people hear about prepping, the more they consider it isn't crazy but instead, it is prudent to be prepared.

Our neighbor just got some chickens, kid says 'they are for eggs.'

More and more gardeners are popping up too, so the longer they garden, that old skill will be kept alive.

I believe that there are a lot of ways to get folks to prep by appealing to what THEY value. A health food nut can be coerced to prep to avoid the high cost of organic produce and eggs at the store. A family that has suffered a job loss in recent years might also be "ready" to embrace preparedness. Families that are now experiencing more month than money might also see the value of preparedness, too.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0