jeanettecentaur

Non-GMO Long Term Food Storage from Legacy

12 posts in this topic

Hey, Y'all!

DH and I just started tucking away a few bags of Freeze Dried meals from Legacy, and so far they are the best we have experimented with. 25 year shelf life in BAGS, not #10 cans, so it's a space saver and light. Also, all of the food is certified 100% GMO free!!! That is really, really important to us!

The only "downfall" that I can see is that they are all vegetarian meals. That was not a problem here, since we Can beef/chicken/turkey and make our own beef jerky. Also, we have invested in FD meat in #10 cans from Emergency Essentials and can toss that in if we want to.

http://www.preparewise.com/

The link above is the distributor for Legacy foods. They have an awesome sample pack if you want to try it. That's how we started with them. Since we now know the flavor is rich and satisfying, we are going to order more as time/money allows.

We started off with the Chili, and although it was thin/saucy, it was really delicious. I tossed in a cup of frozen ground beef/taco mix that I had stored away. The bag was enough for 4 people to eat, but DH and I ate it ALL (oink!!!) because it really was that good. We were sitting on the couch holding our full bellies and saying things like "Holy Cow! I cannot believe long-term food storage can be that good!" Yeah, we are dorks, but we have to test the merchandise!!!

Anyone else have experience with this brand?

:pc_coffee: <----doing this...wishing I was doing that------> :campfire:

Dehydrate your own meat. Their freeze dried meat looks a bit pricy.

GMO free is high on my list!!

Hi, Twilight! FD meat is always pricey...we make LOTS of jerky, but DH also eats LOTS of jerky, and we give a bunch away. I am just trying to grab #10 cans of different meats from Emergency Essentials when they have sales. This month they are having a sale with 53% off of their Grilled Chicken Breast with rib meat bits, which makes it $19.99 for a #10 can. You know there is no way that chicken is fed GMO free cracked corn!!! :soapbox: However, I will keep at least some of their meat products for diversity.

We try to eat fresh/local most days, and eat out of our pantry or test our long term food storage about once per week.

I wish I was brave enough to make my own grass fed beef hamburger rocks, but NOPE! In my head I can hear my microbiology instructor lecturing us about food-borne illnesses... :feedme:

:pc_coffee: <-----doing this...wishing I was doing that ---------> :campfire:

I hadn't heard of them, but it's nice to know they are GMO free. I wish we didn't have to worry about that in our foods at all, especially when it comes to food storage. :(

The link you posted has fd meat too.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:54 PM, Guest Katherine said:

.....edited due to content.....

Can anyone translate into English???

Edited by Annarchy
Content was offensive

I've been reporting all of these posts when I see them. They are just spam.

Weird. Looks like a strange mixture of different languages, to me. I tried a French translation because of some of the words, and it only got some words translated. 

I reported them all as spam. I'm not sure who gets the report though. I recognize a couple of words. Mainly libido.  And Femme = women. Homme = man. Ameliorer - improve. Cannabis = pot.

I probably know just enough to be dangerous. :grinning-smiley-044:

I get all the reports now, and have been deleting all the spam posts.  Kinda has me curious why they keep posting in this thread. 

Before deleting the threads, I have been copy/pasting into the Google translate, most of it has been garbage and spam links.

Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it. 

1 person likes this