Andrea

~~Clutter Clearing Challenge #3~~

567 posts in this topic

Chaos camo :laughkick:

I finished setting up our second bedroom, complete with an empty dresser and a half-full dresser. Hard to believe, isn't it? :thumbs: I'm serious about not bringing in anything that can't be stashed in a bedroom. Even the underside of the queen-size bed is empty. :0327:

I finally got that pantry cleaned out and organized! Mostly. I still have the bottled water and some juice sitting on the floor in there but that's okay. I think that is going to be its new home. It's heavy and could leak (water bottles) so It's probably better off there anyway. It's just as nice to be able to close the bi-fold door so I don't have to turn sideways when coming in from the garage. I cut heavy cardboard to sit between some of the canning jars. That took up less space than stacking the filled boxes and it doesn't seem as heavy.

Yay for everybody else! :cheer:

Still going. We've had some other stuff going on.

Our old Maytag washer and dryer are 40 years old. Yes - it's true... FORTY years old and I'm still using them. :0327:

We have been blessed that DH has been able to keep them running, fixing them as needed. Money has always been tight for us. I have nothing "fancy" or up-to-date.

Well, until now. We finally bought a new washer and dryer, and DH is installing them upstairs, where the original house plan had them located. We successfully got them up the front steps and inside by ourselves.

We didn't go fancy. We went with the cheapest that would suit our needs. Everything we have seen says that washers and dryers no longer are built to last more than a few years, at best. Even the guy at the store told us that they won't last a long time. Friends and family have spent much more money on others and had them break down. So of course they want you to pay for the "warranty", getting more money just in case (yeah) it breaks down. Nope. We decided if DH can't figure out how to fix it, we'll change them out again someday. YouTube is a HUGE help at seeing how to fix things these days, and DH has a mind that figures things out very well, and safely.

He's still working on getting them fully installed and running. Luckily a lot of it upstairs is already run.

So we do that, and yesterday the dryer finally broke out the lint trap vent for good. DH had patched it once, but it's shot for good now. And so it's not safe to use it any more, the way it is.

I'm still de-cluttering downstairs, and then today I was working upstairs more. I've found stuff that brings me to tears. Old drawings from our oldest, with loving "Mommy" messages. Pictures, personalized stuff, etc. And now I put them away in a safe place.

I love carrying bags of trash out, or recycling stuff OUT of the house! :cheer:

Congrats on your new washer and dryer. I don't go with the most expensive either. I don't want all of the bells and whistles. Just more things for me to try to figure out and more things to break down. I just want it to wash, rinse and spin. Two water settings are nice for smaller loads but that's it. I'm not sure how old my washer is. I've been here 26 years and we didn't buy it new.

There is a big recall on one brand of washers.....cuz they're falling into pieces while running.

MtRider....forgot the brand tho. ... :unsure:

Looks like it's Samsung. We're good. :)

Arby - We took a spare bedroom, off the kitchen, and turned it into a pantry. It has folding doors and can be cold storage as we have electric heat. I'm really happy with the cold/darkness in there. :hug3:

:thumbs:

I've been a slouch lately. It's too cold to get out from under the fluffy, gets dark too early = no energy, holiday's are here, I forgot, I'm too tired, my internet is still connected, there are puppies to monitor...sigh. So with the help of Maxine I made a list.

post-2492-0-21916800-1482299950_thumb.jpg

I went through a couple of drawers and nonsense I have in the dinning room. With that cleaned out and some baskets I have no use for, I got a trash bag stuffed full of stuff to pitch out. If I start digging a little deeper I can probably come up with another trash bag of junk. I have some errands to run tomorrow and I go past a dumpster so I'll get rid of the stuff tomorrow. I also have a small bag to go to the Salvation Army.

I had one basket of cotton fibers that I had beside the spinning wheel for decoration. I put my hand in it to grab a handful of the cotton and the dust that poofed out was appalling. I was so surprised. It looked like smoke rolling out. I had a basket of yarn balls that were probably just as bad. :blush:

Now I have to talk myself into tossing a round lidded fake Shaker box. It's nice but serves me no purpose. If I can't find a legitimate use for it by the end of the week it will have to go in the donate box.

Thanks a lot for bumping this tread, Jeepers. Reminds me to clear clutter.

And, clutter is getting on my nerves. There is no more room around here. Everything looks cluttered to me, and the mess is getting on my last nerve.

:gaah:

:0327:

I cleaned out a bunch of junk, out of my garden tool area and put it out for bulk trash pickup. Now, I have to organize and stack the extra boards I hope to use to build a small shed for my tools. The area looks better but still needs a lot of work.

All the clutter around here is really getting on my nerves.

I dug out my box cutter and cut up two huge heavy duty boxes this afternoon. I'll take them to the recycle bin the next time I go out. I'm glad they are out of the garage. I have no idea why I've been hanging on to them. They were so big that if I packed anything in them they would have been too heavy for me to move. And every time I wanted to mow I had to move them out of the way. :huh:

I took 4 trash bags of junk to a dumpster today. One bag was actual trash but I was glad to get rid of it anyway.

I also dumped off the paper to the recycling bin. I've notice since I signed up at that 'stop junk mail' site I'm getting fewer sale magazines. It took about 3-4 months to take effect but I am noticing it. They said it would probably take that long because auto mailings are already in the computers for that long ahead of time.

I still get way too much junk mail though. I have a plastic box beside the chair, where I sort through the mail, and all the paper goes in there right away.It has really tamed down the paper clutter. I can just pick it all up and recycle it when I go out. Plus I'm saving quite a lot on trash bags. Not the prettiest in home décor but for now it's working.

I think we live in a "de-clutter" challenge :24: Tearing out the old bathroom at the homestead and putting in the 2017 garden puts us right in the middle of a mess!  Just keeping up with the laundry, the dishes, the linens and cooking keeps me on my toes here.  Not even trying to de-clutter right now :bounce:

We did a big de-clutter today!  When I say we I mean our daughter, her boyfriend and our grandson did the heavy lifting and I went through totes.  DH supervised.  Our shed (attached to our carport) looks like it did when we moved in!  God rid of and burned so much stuff!  Will be a big help when we move to not have to try and do that also! 

1 person likes this

I bagged up two more grocery bags of books today. I saw a dumpster like bin in front of Lowes that want used books so I'll put them in there tomorrow or the next day. It isn't much but it will be two bags less.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor