Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ambergris

Freeze-drying at home

33 posts in this topic

I have been looking at this very unit, and have watched many Utube videos......I am looking forward to when I can have it as well......

Avacados....YUM YUM

More Love........

A follow-on to this. The freezing unit, reportedly, works in the 'Slow' temperature range, limiting it's use. No, we do not have one in the enclave, but observing reports from others. Some unhappy customers.

Quoting from the Librum FaceBook website:

"Another update from the ICS side of the house. Due to the new 'home freeze drying' machines appearing on the market, and their freezing limitations, a request for prioritization change of ICS TP 5139 (1952) Quick Freezing of Foods was received. The Archivist did so, and it is now up. This training paper details the types of freezing, temperatures, etc for various types of foods. Sharp vs Quick vs Slow, etc."

It's at the archive in the ICS TP section, icsarchive.org. Ummm....

http://www.icsarchive.org/tp/5139-1952_quick_freezing_of_foods.pdf

A good read, even if a bit too technical for me.

Sarah

It's been a year. The regular price is down to $3500, and the sale price is down to $3k on the Harvest Right site. $700 more on EE.

:) ....and they've got the time to get the 'bugs' out of design, etc.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

They now have three sizes. The papa bear size is $4k, the mama bear size is $3k, and the baby bear size is $2400 with this week's sale. I can't imagine buying one that wasn't on sale.

This month's sale: The papa bear size is $3500, the mama bear size is $2500, and the baby bear size is $2200.

Glad to see they are still working on this. Hopefully freeze drying will go the way of dehydrators and microwaves. Meaning smaller and cheaper. I hope! Wouldn't it be nice to have a freeze dryer the size of an Excalibur dehydrator instead of the size of a washing machine?

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0