MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
The WE2's

WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

yes, mt rider....the perseid meteor showers are right now....they are an annual event, but usually it is too cloudy for us to see.  

glad you got to.  More meteors in early Oct (around the 3rd or 5th I think...) the Leonids in the constellation of (what else) Leo.

There are 3 or 4 annual showers, but these are the only two I remember now (I learned them way back in 1966, so there has been some 'brain slippage'....) 

• Like 1

Mt_Rider   
15 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

It was no fun for me, Mt. Rider!  Wonder if I can be a minimalist and be a prepper!  LOL

THAT, Miki, is my dilemma EXACTLY!  :scratchhead: 

Prepping.....livestock/pets.....  :busted:  and well, a touch of packrat [prepping-type packrat tho!]  :rolleyes:

MtRider  :sigh:  and moving again looms on the horizon... 

• Like 1

Annarchy   

:pray: for everyone. 

Went swimming with a friend. Gunny dove completely underwater for over 10 seconds!  He was trying to get the plastic bottle he found floating, that he'd chewed too many holes in. He'd grab it, throw it up and pounce on it. He's such a puppy!

We got to see a small herd of wild horses. A stallion, 2 females and a colt. And the usual eagles flying around. 

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2744.JPG

• Like 3

I love it that you see the horses fairly often, Annarchy!  I saw a wild burro on the way to Yuma once.  I thought that was great though!

Jeepers   

I went to Sam's Club today. Along with some other non-fruit items I got a lot of red raspberries to dehydrate tomorrow. I'm going to check out three local fruit/veggie markets tomorrow to see if I can find some purple ones. I'd like to do a mix. I'll call instead of driving around though. I also got some lemons to dehydrate. And I got some tomatoes that looked nice for drying. I think they were called Cocktail Tomatoes. They are about the size of 4 large grape tomatoes put together. Or if you put your middle finger on top of your thumb and make a circle...they are about that size. I don't think I've ever seen those before. I'll either half or quarter them. I'll see the size they end up. I'm pretty sure I'll be going back in a few days. I might get some mangos. Or papaya. I can't remember which it was. What ever they were, it's something my regular grocery store doesn't carry. They had some of those Cutie oranges I might get too. Not for drying but for eating. My store only carries them around Christmas time and I like them. I'm starting to get back in the hang of prepping some more food. I was having a dry spell there for awhile. When I get all of the seasonal type fruit done I want to dehydrate some apple slices.

Then I got my barstool out of the garage and dusted off to use so I don't have to do a lot of standing, and headed off to the liquor store. I got a fifth of vodka!

Not for drinking though. When I was at Sam's I saw an 8oz. size bottle of vanilla extract and it was $20.98. Crimony! I couldn't believe it. I didn't want any but was just curious about the price. Guess who is going to make her own? The vodka was just under $20.00. I'm going to make my own vanilla, orange, lemon, lime extract and anything else I can think of.

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.