182 posts in this topic

Everything looks lovely! We aren't having Japanese Beetles this year but they were swarming around in northern Indiana when I was there a couple of weeks ago. They were eating all of the trees in sons yard. They are awful.

Not a lot, but they're HOT!  Even through my gloves I felt the warmth!  We don't eat them, I just use them as a seasoning.  Fresh from the garden.  There's more coming on, this is only the first batch.

2017 hot peppers from garden.jpg

98 today with heat index 108...that spells miserable!  I wash clothes and hang them out one day at a time.  House dresses are a must, until I leave the house.  Hubby checked garden this morning on his way to work and everything seems to be doing fine just watering every other day.  Dusting with the baby powder seems to be keeping insects at bay.  I'm thinking that maybe using baking soda with some peppermint and lavender essential oil might work and be cheaper?

IMG_0812 july 19.jpg

IMG_0813 july 19.jpg

IMG_0814 july 19.jpg

IMG_0815 july 19.jpg

IMG_0816 july 19.jpg

IMG_0817 july 19.jpg

IMG_0818 july 19.jpg

IMG_0819 july 19.jpg

IMG_0820 july 19.jpg

IMG_0821 first watermemon.jpg

2 people like this

Your plants are doing very well for being in buckets. I had a bucket garden a few years ago and it is so hot here that everything just dried up and died. :( (even with a shade cloth to protect from direct sunlight)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor