The WE2's

SCORCHY SUMMER!

208 posts in this topic

It's still in the 70's here. We are getting our share of rain too. Sure doesn't feel like the middle of July.

Whooo-weee. It finally got hot here today. It's 91 now.

How do the puppies beat the summer heat???

They put their feetz up and take a little snooze with their buddies in the air conditioned house. Natch.

Chillaxin'.jpg

2 people like this

98 today with heat index 108...that spells miserable!  I wash clothes and hang them out one day at a time.  House dresses are a must, until I leave the house.  Hubby checked garden this morning on his way to work and everything seems to be doing fine just watering every other day.  Dusting with the baby powder seems to be keeping insects at bay.  I'm thinking that maybe using baking soda with some peppermint and lavender essential oil might work and be cheaper?

Edited by The WE2's

It rained (downpour) Sunday & Monday night. So much, we had a river running through our yard. 

It rained here in TX yesterday a couple hours after I arrived. The clouds are building again this afternoon. 

DH said it's over 100 today at home.  

It's supposed to be 110 F on Saturday! If you touch the car with bare hands in that kind of heat you wind up with a first degree burn!

I actually have gloves in our vehicles. Including pretty Ladies gloves. 

The news say car temps exceeded 175. 

Rain, hot and humid, more rain, more hot and humid.  Looks like we brought a Ga summer back to Wis.  Ugh.  Right now (late night) the thunder is rumbling nonstop. And several of our dogs are afraid of thunder.  So they want to sit on our laps as if its not hot enough already.  Poor babies.  All except the baby Jack.  He just misbehaves, chewing up all kinds of things.  How long will he keep teething, I wonder.  We are at 6 months now, and there are glimmers of brains now and again.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor