Snowmom

Please pray for Old Pine

47 posts in this topic

GOODMORNINGTRAY.gif

A quick up-date.  

When Old Pine went for his radiation treatment on Monday it went fine.    After he finished they went to the oncology department and after seeing him they sent him to the ER and from there he was put in a room.    So, he is still up there as he has pneumonia and he was running a bit of a temp.     While on chemo if he is running a temp of 101.4 or above he is running a bad temp.      

The Dr. said he would be in the hospital for 4 - 5 days so he could get some fluids and good strong medications.    

He isn't eating much at all and I guess that goes with the chemo but, it sure is hard on him as well as me and our DD.     What to feed him, I mean meals have really been hard around here as he usually eats so well and now he is eating hardly anything.    Cottage cheese, yogurt and other soft foods.      Even some of the soft foods he won't eat.  

Our DD and I went up yesterday afternoon and I was able to help him order his evening meal.    I suggested that he order several things and if he could even eat half of each that would be good.       We plan to go back up today, but, it will depend on the weather as it has been sleeting out and if  the roads are bad, we won't be going.     It is around 60 miles one way and on ice that is not good.   :(  

Again, thank you all for your prayers.   

hugscandy.jpg                    HAVEAGREATDAYTEAPOT.gif

1 person likes this

Good morning, Snowmom!  I'm so sorry that you all are having to go through this.  I will continue praying!

Oh Carol, I'm so sorry.  I didn't know any of this with Old Pine.  Our prayers to all of you!!!

:hi:Dee, hope is well with you and yours. 

:pray: Snowmom. 

The ups and downs must be so hard, Snowmom.  :(   :grouphug:

Glad he was already IN the hospital and not iced in at home when your weather turned to sleet!

MtRider  :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

:pray: Snowmom.

MIL had trouble eating when she went through her chemo & radiation treatments.  

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Praying. :hug3:

Good morning everyone.

I know it has been some time since I gave you an update so here it is.

Old Pine was in the hospital from April 24th until May 3rd.   

He has been home for a while and is doing much better.    He is looking much better also.  

Today we go back up to start his radiation treatment, I’m not sure if he will still have 10 yet or just the 9 as he is to get 10 total.      I don’t know if they will be able to count the one he had last month as one or not since it has been so long.  

Again, thank you all for praying.  

3 people like this

Good to hear he is looking better, Snowmom.  How are you holding up? 

MtRider .....still :pray:

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, Mt_Rider said:

Good to hear he is looking better, Snowmom.  How are you holding up? 

MtRider .....still :pray:

Exactly....................  :pray:

GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

Thank you all again for praying for Old Pine, we know that God will do what he wants to do about this cancer.   

Tomorrow we go to Bemidji again and have to be there by 8:00 and Old Pine will be having a Pet Scan to see if there is any cancer there now.      We are all praying that the cancer is gone.       We go back on Thursday to see the doctor and find out the answer to the Pet Scan.    

He has lost a lot of weight and hopes to keep it off after all is said and done.    He is still not eating much at all and has been drinking a lot of Ensure.    He is on a medication to help his appetite and for a while he was doing better.    After the pills were gone he went back to not eating like he should.     He did get a renewal but, still isn't eating much at all.    He is eating watermelon real good and some other fruit, but as for meats, potatoes, veggies, not so good.   There are times he will eat one thing and then the next time I make it he won't eat it.     This is so unlike him.  

After the radiation was finished his head has started pealing like a bad sunburn.     We have been putting oils and such on him but it still is pealing.     He has a sore behind his one ear so had to take him to the dr. on Saturday.    He is using oxygen and with the burn, oxygen and his glasses, it has made it raw.  :( 

We turn the AC on and he gets so cold and so goes outside so DD and I can be comfortable in the house.       I know the chemo and radiation have had a lot to do with all of this.  

I am trying my best to stay positive.   I don't sleep well, but, that is nothing new.     If I get 5 hours of sleep at night I am doing really good, it  is usually around 4 - 5 hours.       I will be so glad when it is all done with.      I'm praying that he won't have to have more chemo.      

I think we all need a vacation after this is done, but of course DD has used up a lot/most of her vacation time doing all the driving.     She has gotten up early and worked late in order to not lose all of it.  

I'm sorry for venting, but, it is hard.  

haveahappydaymouse.jpg          grouphugs.gif

Vent away Snowmom. We are all here to listen and offer support.

Thank you for the update! 

:hug3:  :pray:  :hug3:  :pray:   

We're still praying for you all, and we understand that God knows the details, so it's OK if you're too busy or too stressed to write. 

May God hold you close and give you His peace and His joy.

:hug3:

We know you're going thru a most awful time.  Anyone very sick is bad enough but chemo changes so many things.  It just wears down everyone.  :grouphug:

MtRider  ....continued prayer for all of you.  :pray:

I am sad to hear of Old Pine's health difficulties .  Fighting cancer can be a hard battle for the entire family.  We are all fighting with both of you in spirit.  Please keep us informed!

1 person likes this

Just stopping by to let you know that You and Old Pine are being thought about today.  :grouphug:

1 person likes this

I know it has been a long time now since I have posted in here.     We have had a lot going on in our lives.  

On the 6th of June Gary had a pet scan and it was inconclusive.      There were spots on it and they were not sure what they were.      It could be left over of pneumonia or could be a bit of COPD or it could still be cancer.      Therefore on July 20th he will be going for a CT scan.  

Gary is eating much better and has gained a few pounds back and he really doesn't want to gain.      He was eating a lot of Chinese for a while and then we have had company and he is now eating much more of what I am cooking.   :)   

I posted in the Spa a bit more of what had been going on.

I think I have gotten a better attitude after Gary has been eating better, or at least I hope I have.   :)        It was really hard when he just couldn't eat.      Yes, Ann, I have heard that it is hard for them to eat much.     I talked to our DDIL when she came and she said she had the same problem.     She didn't have any weight to lose either, she is so thin anyway.  

Thank you all for your prayers.     Please keep praying as it isn't all over yet.     I am thinking if there is still cancer he will be doing more chemo.   :(     

psycoturtle.gif                        HUGS11-1.gif

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor