Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kappydell

2017 is shaping up to be one terrible year....

15 posts in this topic

I don't understand why this year has been so terrible so far....It is bad enough we could not get a refinance mortgage on my house (I own it free and clear) to purchase a place down south; our friends (and our hosts down here in Ga) 30 yr old son had to have bypass surgery due to a heart attack; their 28 yr old daughter has major physical illnesses nobody seems able to diagnose; now one of our beloved fur-babies just died in my arms. Little Petey was hit by a car 1 1/2 weeks ago, was doing fine, then suddenly started having breathing trouble and died enroute to the vet hospital in my arms. I tried mouth to snout breathing, but no avail.

I hate to bad mouth Southern doctors, but this is the 3rd time they have completely missed the boat....last winter they diagnosed a back vertebra injury in my back as hip bursitis, this year they diagnosed our friend's son as having pneumonia when he was actually having a heart attack, and now the vet completely messed up with Petie - diagnosing him as having a bad bruise and forgetting to remove his IV when they released him to us when he actually had a dislocated hip, torn ligaments and knee meniscus injury. I wonder if Petie would still be alive if they had not missed the boat and got it right the first time, and I'm becoming afraid of these docs down here.

Tomorrow we mourn.

Edited by kappydell

((((((kappydell))))) :( I am so sorry for your loss and the trouble you have been experiencing.

:hug3:

I can relate to doctors/vets not diagnosing correctly. Extremely frustrating, to say the least.

:pray:

I'm so sorry about your pup, Kappydell! And your other "incidents?" I truly hope your year turns around and gets much better! As to docs, I don't trust any of them and feel I always need to do my own research. Too many problems with DH.

I hear you about the doctors. It is very frustrating to deal with most of them..and then their staffs..grrr

We have had a rocky 2017 too but it could have been worse. Several friends have died and DH has been sick.

I am so sorry you lost Petey. That is hard to bear.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:52 PM, The WE2's said:

:sad-smiley-012:

Welllllllll..............we have a new fur baby, when another aussie pup became available because a mom & dad decided their 10 yr old was not responsible enough to raise the one they bought.  Whiskey Jack is black & white, and has a happy smile.  Now we are helping him adjust to all the turmoil of his 12 week life.  We suspect he was kept outdoors, or he was just ignored a lot because he is nervous and nippy, crate trained but not fully housebroken.  The cats puzzle him (they hiss, swat, and don't run away), and the parrot unnerves him (he stares and barks at her as she ignores him).  Jack acts just like a toddler in the throes of the "terrible twos" so he is keeping us hopping.  He shows progress almost daily so he has a place here. He is learning fast "no bite" and "play nice" (with the other dogs). He could never replace sweet Petie, as he is very much his own self, but will make an excellent playmate for Dodger and "da boys" once he sorts things out. 

3 people like this

Oh Kappy, I'm sorry I missed this when you first posted. :hug3:

I'm happy to hear about your Whiskey Jack though!   :wub:

So sorry for you loss and the other stresses. I hope things get better for you soon. Glad the new pup is making daily progress.

Whiskey Jack

photo_collection_from_old_Canon_-_Saukville_forward_2299.JPG

5 people like this

Oh my, Jack... you are one handsome dude!!!!   :wub:

You can just see it in that cute little face that he is going to be fun!  :hapydancsmil:

Thank you for sharing his picture with us. May you have many many happy years together.  :hug3:

Oh isn't he gorgeous!  Abby's daddy was a red aussie and her momma black lab.  He'll make some pretty babies (unless he's been neutered).

So  sorry to hear about the loss of your puppy Kappy.  Your new one is adorable!

What a cute puppie - I"m sorry your year has started so badly  I pray for smooth days ahead for you.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0