Sarah

Ant kill

9 posts in this topic

Posted due to private request.  It is that season when the ant hives send out the explorers.  Here is a good counter.  Take a cup of warm water, add 1/2 cup of sugar, and three table spoons of borax.  Soak cotton balls and place, wet, along the runs.  The ants will feast on the sugar, and take the borax back to the next, killing it from the inside.  When the ball is dry, toss it, and wipe with any counter top cleaner.

Sarah

2 people like this

I'll try to remember this. I seem to get those little bitty ants every spring. I have all of the ingredients already except for cotton balls which are easy to get.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  It worked with one application!

1 person likes this

Been using that method fof some time and YES, it works wonderfully. Around our area they seem to come out after large rains...perhaps flooding their nests?  So with all this rain, I know I'll be putting it out in anticipation.  Thanks for the reminder Sarah!

Just remember that Borax can be fatal to pets so be sure to keep that little red-head away.  :wub:

2 people like this

Thanks for that reminder too, Jeepers. 

I've always had good luck with _________________ ant killer product.  {ahem, mind went blank.....might fill in that blank later.....}  :gaah:

MtRider    :offtobed:     Sheeesh!

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Just remember that Borax can be fatal to pets so be sure to keep that little red-head away.  :wub:

And my ferrets...... 

1 person likes this

Absolutely ferrets and kitties.  And children too. 

9 hours ago, Annarchy said:

And my ferrets...... 

Thanks for the reminder!  One of my hummy feeders swings and drips sugary water on one of the rails of the front porch, so I put some down...I may have to change stragedy and move it where she can't reach it!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor