Mt_Rider

MO friend is going to court

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.....

Many of you will remember my friend in Missouri.  She had that horrible accident on an unfamiliar road more than 2 yrs ago...she missed the stop sign.  We have been praying for her and for the driver of the other car.  He was badly injured but has recovered far more than the doctors initially expected.  He walks, with assistance....amazing!  Thank You, God! :amen:

Tomorrow is her sentencing court date.  She is not the typical person who comes before judges, having no previous arrest record, nor any substance abuse [frankly no drug/alcohol at all].  She is an RN [retired] and worked steadily until her many health issues made that impossible.  She will be going to court still wearing a 'boot' from foot surgery...and needs the other foot done.  She is a colon cancer survivor of more than 13 yrs but has issues with the surgery site.  Both knees are replaced.....and so much more.  Their whole family has bad genetics for joints and multiple cancers. 

Her husband works at a bank and is completely supportive of her.  He's a sweetie!  They both know Jesus.  The rest of her family is in Iowa including her mom who is probably going to pass on soon.  Depending on what is decided tomorrow, she might not be able to visit there for some time....???   So they went up this past weekend.

She could have probation......or in-her-own-home (what ya call it, when they wear the ankle tracking bracelet)..... or some jail time.  The big problem is not that she was obviously distracted for a moment .......and missed a road sign.  We've all been distracted for a moment multiple times....probably each year!  But this was a STOP sign and there was another car...much smaller than her truck.  He also had a stop sign.......  Some, but not all of these factors, are her responsibility.... but the massive injuries of the other driver....that brings the charges up much higher.  And she feels so very badly for him and his family.  :pray:

About a dozen letters for leniency have been sent to the judge, including one from me.  I've known her since kindergarten.  She is frightened beyond description but in the past few months I have seen a peace and strength grow within her.  I am so heartily glad to see this finally.  :amen:   She was in very bad shape for a long time after this happened.  One of the reasons I agreed immediately to travel to MO and Iowa with her last summer.  We had much time to talk and talk and talk.  After bad trauma, we all need that.  At this point she KNOWS with faith that God will be with her....no matter the outcome tomorrow. 

She thanks you all VERY MUCH for the prayers thru these past 2 years.  She asks that you continue to pray for the other driver and his family.  And for her and her family.  And that the judge will give a wise decision tomorrow.  [Friday, 6/30/2017]

I also thank you all,

MtRider  :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Will pray for all involved at this difficult time!

Praying for your friend!  Accidents do happen. That's why they call them accidents.  :pray:

Such a difficult situation for everyone involved. :hug3:

:amen:   Thanks be to God! :amen:

It's been a horrifying 2+ years for all involved.  I need to tell you all......that the other driver's story is one of absolute medical miracle.  And I don't use that term casually.  He came into the ER after the accident that night in VERY bad condition.  He was in a coma and not one doctor thot he would ever come out of the coma.  It was truly that bad with head injury....plus numerous broken bones.  He was in a small car and the velocity between them was a lot. 

He walks with a cane and is functional.  He will always have some physical and cognitive impairment but he is able to go on with his life with his family.  Who knows what further improvement God has for him?  :amen:  :cheer:  :amen:

My friend called this afternoon.....hoarse voice from extreme fatigue....and that was what she told me.  And then said that she only got a year probation and lotta hours of community service. That's the very best she could have hoped for.   Actually, it's technically more than that if she messes up probation....but she's an intelligent woman and knows how very fortunate she is.  And since she's already the volunteer head of their community's meal-on-wheels, the community service is a non-issue.  And the judge stated that he read every letter all of us sent....twice.  When he received them and reviewed them again this morning.  That means he did his job conscientiously.....to know who this person standing in front of him was today.

She is so grateful that  I doubt she's able to comprehend it all yet.  She made some phone calls and then was planning to sleep....for a week.  She told me to tell everyone about the miracle of healing that has occurred while we all prayed these past couple of years.  And how much she's grateful for that and for her final outcome.  And for so many prayers.....

MtRider  :amen:  :grouphug:  :amen:

3 people like this

Thank you for the update and for not leaving us all "hanging" wondering what happened. I am happy for your friend and amazed about the healing for the other driver.
Share this pic with your friend: 

tomorrow3.jpg

2 people like this

I like it, Midnight.  Thank you and I'll share it with her.

Yeah...finally...after more than 2 yrs....resolution.  A merciful resolution and a miraculous healing....which might not be finished yet.  That's what God is all about for all of us!  :hapydancsmil:

MtRider  :amen:

2 people like this

I'm glad to hear things are working out for your friend.   :grouphug:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor