MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dogmom4

Preparedness Guide To Food Storage : free Aug 12 - Aug 14

Cat   

Thank you!  

• Like 1

That was a disappointment.  I guess it's good to have things in one file, but the archives here have much more information.

dogmom4   
22 hours ago, Ambergris said:

That was a disappointment.  I guess it's good to have things in one file, but the archives here have much more information.

I'm glad you had a chance to look it over. I still wish we could get Mrs Survival information into some kind of book form.

• Like 1

Jeepers   

Wouldn't that be great Dogmom!

You never know with the free books. Some are hits and some are misses. I post most going by the title and then hope. I think it's better to go ahead and post them so they can get downloaded while they are free. Such a short window of time. Plus so easy to delete them. If I waited to post only books I've read...by then, they wouldn't be free any more.  :D

• Like 1

I posted links to some not-free ebooks by the owner of a dehydrated-food group.  The tomato one is especially good.

Jeepers   

I want to try to dehydrate some cherry tomatoes this fall. I bought some organic Italian seasoning and I plan to grind it up really fine and sprinkle it on the halved cherry tomatoes and then dehydrate them. I didn't even know it was organic when I bought it. I don't know how they will turn out. I'd imagine they will be good in spaghetti sauce and on pizza. Maybe even in a salad.  :shrug:

• Like 1

Sarah   

You might want to do a bit more research.  Depending on the type of 'cherry' tomatoes, you may want to steam peel first, those skins can be tough, you can end up with 'raisins'.  Or, depending on the type, a quick dip blanching, to 'de-wax'.

Jeepers   

I found some info on them. They are a sweeter, less acidic and less mealy than the regular cherry tomato. These are non-GMO so I like that.  I didn't see any info about the skins. I can't find the cherry tomatoes around here anymore. They sell grape tomatoes here. I like the cherry ones better. Figures.  Sliced romas would have been nice I suppose but they are very hard to come by around here too. Small town.

My spice grinder  (AKA coffee grinder) is broken. I need to go get another one today. I want the Italian seasoning to be powdery so it won't fall off of the dried tomato so easily.  

I called around to 4 fruit markets today and none of them have any of the purple raspberries. Looks like I missed them this year.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.