MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday, Monday,, Can't Trust that Day

Good Monday Morning Everyone :gathering:

How many of you remember the song Monday, Monday but the Mamas and Papas? I loved their music back in the 60's.....phew, that shows my age doesn't it!!!! Ah well, good song!

DDIL just called asking us to watch DGS this morning. She's got some kind of bumps popping up here and there all over her body. Her sister, a nurse, told her what she thinks it is and it needs a Dr. and some meds. So, DDIL is off this morning to get it taken care of. She said now, this morning, her joints are aching too and she's feeling pretty miserable so hopefully whatever it is the meds will take care of quickly. Another one of those things can be taken care of easily today, I hope, but when/if the :smiley_shitfan: then what do we do????

The sun is shining beautifully this morning but I haven't seen 1 goldfinch. Strange how that works!

Have you all been looking at the moon? We've missed it due to cloud cover. I hate it because a harvest moon in the fall is so big and gorgeous that it makes me gasp. I can't imagine what this moon must look like. 2029 is the next time, doubt I'm here to see it, soooooo. :gaah:

Here comes my little boy. You all have a great day and let us know what's going on with you. :grouphug:

Oh, great... now I have that *SONG* stuck in my head!!!! shakinghead.gif "Nah nah, nah nah nah nahhh..." gaah.gif

:misc-smiley-231:

I'm beat... we had very strong thunderstorms rumbling through here starting around 4 AM. I was hearing them approach in my dreams, because I was dreaming about them, but when they actually hit *NOBODY* could sleep. Downpour, lots of water and NOISE...

LilDD's bus was very late. I am guessing the driver had to avoid low places & go around. As I was getting ready to take her, he slowed but kept going because she wasn't *by* the road. So I took her to school.

Had to call the auto shop to reschedule my car repair since I was supposed to be there by 8 AM. The engine is ready to fall out. Well, sort of. I'm guessing it isn't imminent, but one engine support is rusted and they all need replacing. I told DH on Thursday, "No off-roading in my Buick LeSabre this weekend!" teehee.gif I guess it's needed... the thing's *old*.

Didn't catch the "big moon"... too many clouds.

Hope your DDIL is well soon with little discomfort.

:bighug2:

Today is a lovely day but incoming rain tomorrow. I went to my VA rep and got some things started up and found out my disability review stuff should be starting up soon and he had two VA advocate reps listed to get me started with one of them soon to make sure we can get things all coordinated more properly and to help me make connections and such as time goes on, transportation wise...

I went and got a cup of hazelnut coffee at the gas station , said hi to some folks said hi to some folks who had been in town for physical therapy as we all soaked up some sunshine at the outdoor tables there and enjoyed some coffee.

Then I walked up to the footbridge and found that massive improvements were made to it and the park area has been developed rather nicely including a rocked in nature trail, exercise areas and a small kids rock climbing wall and some things I really don't know what they are but part of a display system along the nature trail. They really went quite a ways along the big creek there and I was able to get to some places now that alot of preliminary waters edge brush was totally cleared out and they reinforced the creeksides with rocks. I was able to find a spot where you can go swimming, lay out in the sun, or go fishing if you want ( I think. I have to ask and make sure that creek can be fished there) , away from the front section of the park. Looks like some good fishing holes, lol.

It is much improved yet succeeds in a nice eco balance too.

I returned home and need to get some lunch now. Feeling good, and it provides, altogther, a nice route to walk from my place and around where I went.

Cat, the storms started closer to 3 this morning. Right before my alarm went off. It was still going strong at 4:30 and DD got up to ask me if I really had to go to work today. She was worried about me going outside because it sounded like more hail than rain. It was hard to tell over the constant thunder. The roads were very flooded on the way to work. My friend at work said her family in the Philippines had a hail storm this weekend and that rarely happens there.

I remember the Mammas and Pappas...when they first came out! Not 'came out' but started singing. :P I liked their music too. I liked when Mamma Cass sang, 'dream a little dream of me'. That's probably not the title of the song.

It started out beautiful here today. As soon as I got in the Walmart parking lot the sky opened up and the rain poured down. By the time I came out of the store, the sun was shining. Went to Lowes and as soon as I parked the car the rain started again. I came out and it was shinning. Went to the UPS store and...you guessed it...raining again. I'm home now and staying put. Luckily, I always carry an umbrella in the car.

I saw the moon and it was beautiful. I like looking at the moon too. It amazes me that something that big hangs there all bright and shiny. Love the full moons except when we have one I have trouble sleeping.

Today I'm going to finish cleaning out the rest of the kitchen cabinets. The drawers are all finished and onward and upward to the cabinets. It will be mess I know, but I need more room.

Still watching and worrying about the baby hawks and eagles on line. Sunday I found some herons. Gads, I'll be so glad when all of my babies grow up and leave the nest. I can drive myself crazy and find so many time wasters in so many ways. :cheeky-smiley-067:

Blessings to all my prepper family here and hope this is the start to a wonderful week. :grouphug:

We didn't get the rain until late this afternoon. We need it! No thunderstorms yet.

Yesterday's supper was delicious. We picked up 2 small grass-fed beef steaks. :feedme: DH grilled them. :cloud9:

After the no-flavor crap we've been wasting $ on in the grocery store, I think that's the best beef we've had in a long time!

We want to look at buying a 1/4 or 1/2 of a cow later in the fall (when they are taking orders). Also found another local place selling beef (not grass fed). More to research/think about.

Last year's heirloom lettuce seeded a nice lettuce patch for us. Another week or so and it looks like we can cut some!

Hi everyone~

We had the storms most of the night. They were bad enough that I was up most of the night. I'm ready to take my contacts out and go to bed, unfortunately none of the kids are ready to go to bed and they still need baths. We have standing water everywhere in the fields but haven't noticed the sub-pump running.

The kids and I finally made it to Costco (they had what I needed from Sam's) and to Walmart. So minus running to the local grocery store to pick up ribs that our on sale, I think we are good for two weeks. DD didn't go to taekwondo today. She smashed her hand between the grill and her bike handle when she was coming into the garage and then she put her arm in the deep freeze as DS1 was closing it. :buttercup: So I gave her a day off. DS2 was in the path when I was putting my sewing machine away. The foot pedal fell and he "caught" it with his forehead. He has a goose egg with a bruise.

I finally tried to fix DD's uniform pants for taekwondo . I had her put them on find out the waist was still to tight but it doesn't matter because she has grown and they look like waders.:wacko: So, one project is done and I'm trying to make a quick blanket for her barbies with the extra yarn from my first class so she'll stop taking my dish rags.

Don't forget to vote tomorrow!

Have a great night. :bouquet:

Well, we're getting the rain now! Not much thunder and not too close. I helped out at the dairy today. Dipped cream cheese, bottled buttermilk, helped with some yogurt and washed bottles. My feet, legs and hips are not happy right now. Especially wearing new waterproof boots half the day. I prefer my easy spirits! Came home, had lunch and wet to turn in paper to get elec. turned on sometime soon and the paid for carpet for bedroom in the new house. Thank goodness we still had leftover salisbury steaks for dinner and I am off tomorrow!

And yes, I definitely remember listening to that song on the radio!!!!!!

Edited by snapshotmiki

I'm trying to make a quick blanket for her barbies with the extra yarn from my first class so she'll stop taking my dish rags.

:24: :24: :24: I LOVE kids!!! :D

Sounds like you've had a VERY busy day, Jori!

And everyone else, too. :grouphug: Hugs all 'round!