MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Slimy Sheets

A few weeks ago my good sheets ripped. :(

I was making do with the old sheets but they too has a smaller rip in them so DH told me to get some new sheets.

OK what he really said is "I know how anal you are about fresh sheets and making the bed so go get some new sheets" :huh:
We didn't have money budgeted for them so it meant a lot to me for him to let me get the sheets. :wub:
I bought a micro-fiber set because they were 200 count and the lowest price.

I HATE THEM. :angry:

It's like sleeping on slime. :yuk: I have tried for weeks to get used to them. I've been slacking on making the bed because what's the point in a nicely made bed when you get in it and feel slimy sheets. :gaah:

I'm not sleeping well with twisted slimy sheets. :groooansmileyf:
I've been saving a few dollars every week and today I bought 300 count 100% cotton sheets. They are in the dryer now.
I'm looking forward to sleeping in a nice freshly non- slimy made bed tonight. :cloud9:
Yes Dear, the anal bed maker is back. The only way it would get better is to declutter and wash the windows, walls and curtains . :dusting:
I have to work this Saturday but next weekend is a 3 day weekend

• Like 1

I recently fell for sheets that weren't as stated too. I tried to dye them burnt orange and they came out pink. They are so freaking ugly now that I make the bed so you can't see them or the pillow cases. Such a shame since the trim on them is why I bought those instead of another. :sigh:

I recently fell for sheets that weren't as stated too. I tried to dye them burnt orange and they came out pink. They are so freaking ugly now that I make the bed so you can't see them or the pillow cases. Such a shame since the trim on them is why I bought those instead of another. :sigh:

Have you tried the dye remover stuff?

We tried them, used them in the summer and they seemed cooler, but they are slippery and slide around on the mattress. MIL's cancer treatments included some salves to relieve the damage from the radiation, that stuff stained them.... :yuk: Nothing I used could get the 'greasy' smelly areas out, vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, and more, nothing worked.

Gimme cotton and I'm a happy camper.

microfiber?? i get suspicous whenever they won't tell you what the microfiber is MADE of. I guess the manufacturers think we are too stupid to care, but I do. Cotton or wool please; if I want mystery fiber I might as well wear a garbage bag. Grrrr. I had the same problem when trying to buy womens chambray work shirts...then kept trying to foist off microfiber on me.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...