MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My "Hippie Stick"

After I managed to burn myself on the finger bad enough that it kept throbbing with heat, I went looking at Natural Grocers for something to numb it or at least make it manageable. What I found has been used for everything from rashes to bug bites to infections, and it just keeps on working. It's considered a cooling muscle rub, but works for so much more. It has lovingly been dubbed my "hippie stick" and now lives in my purse so it's always with me.

https://merryhempsters.com/hemp/lipbalm/T2.html

The ingredients look like something I might be able to make at home. Does anybody have a similar recipe or idea on how to make this at home?

I use vinegar for burns.'Lost control' of a pan of boiling sugar syrup which cascaded over 4 fingers on my right hand. No aloe vera plant,friend told me to use vinegar.I used Bragg's and had no blistering and no pain after soaking a paper towel and wrapping around my fingers.

I use coconut oil for insect bites

We have a running joke in my house.

Mom, I have bug bites. *just put some coconut oil on it.*

Mom, I have a sunburn. *just put some coconut oil on it.*

Mom, my toes are tingly. *just put some coconut oil on it.*

The joke is that I'll likely tell them to put coconut oil on a gunshot wound. Lol!

Seriously, I love the stuff for everything!