MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wow it was icy this morning

gofish

This morning I had to lean against the car to scrape ice off the windshield or fall on my dariaire .My porch and driveway are pure ice. The rain froze and the roads were slick .Ick.

Tommorow we might have Ice Fog.

Classes are starting at church tonight and Dh and I signed up for a marriage enrichment class.DD2 said her head hurts so I don't know if she is going tonight. Son told me a snake bit him twice today at school.A friend of his brought it in for science. ICK. I'm not fond of snakes.

This week I'm back to 40 hours at work so that should help the paycheck.

I hopethe weather is good where you are at. Have a good day.

DH said it was bad when he got home last night (and not even 10 minutes later he had a call to go back and lock the door because the last person didn't have their key, again<_<). It didn't seem bad this morning but I didn't take the kids out until almost 2 so by then it was fine. Haven't checked the weather for the rest of the week, they are calling for snow showers but they said that for today and we had some but nothing to blink at.

I made popcorn as a snack and just saw DS putting it on the couch. I asked what he was doing, response, "feedin the chickens." ......we don't have chickens :whistling:. Told DH if we ended up getting them (can have them in the city), then there needs to be a double lock system so DS can't reach one or I'll have him feeding chickens in the house.

gofish~ glad to hear you are back to a 40 hour work week. Hope it's permanent!

Have a great one!

For those of you in Indiana, New York, up north. Jori, Gofish, etc., I am praying for you. Your weather has been awful. Be careful and stay warm. (Jori, it sounds like it is never boring at your place. Gofish congrats on the return of 40 hours a week at work. )

:grouphug::pray:

Yup, icy here today too. Walked 'off path' to do chores. Separated 2 goats into their own pen the other day and it's been a bear doing chores anyhow since I didn't have that pen set up for winter accomodations. No heater for their water bucket, so have to haul more water--the ice didn't help make that any easier. :(

Then my computer finally gave up. The computer repair place is closed today and tomarrow. Who knows why. <shrug> So I went and got a new notebook and the old laptop will go in on Friday and hopefully they can at least recover my docs, pics, print program and hopefully my old e-mail. <sigh> So now I'm trying to get used to this little thing. lol

Hope everyone is having a super week. :)

:hug3: and :kissy:

We had an icy start two days ago...I'm wondering if we sent the nasty weather your way! If so, I do apologize. Our winter really hasn't been that bad , so far. It has been the folks downstate in NYC and surrounding areas that have been slammed this season. Ours has been pretty typical. Of course typical for us means that we've already gotten in excess of 100 inches of snow. The difference between us and the downstaters is that we have the proper equipment for snow removal and don't have to strap a plow onto a garbage truck as they do in NYC!

Congrats on the full-time shift, Gofish! I know that it must relieve a great deal of pressure.

Archived