MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Moving through time

I made a basic cold process soap today and I feel like I invented fire or something! I know that's silly but it's like the first time I used my pressure canner or drove the 37 ft. RV for the Health Dept! I kept waiting (2 months) for my friend to be able to help me but it just never happened. Anyway, now on to more soap soon. Thank you Darlene for inspiring me to get the stuff needed to make my first batch!!! Now I'm going to find some more recipes!!!

Way to go Miki! :bathbaby:

Every so often Cat or I post free Kindle books when they become available that have soap making instructions and recipes. They are in the ' Within These Pages' forum. I think that's what it's called. You don't have to have a Kindle; you can read them on the computer. Might be worth a look see from time to time.

Thanks Jeepers! I think I have 1 book on kindle but I wanted a basic book with real pages too!

Mt. Rider, it was kind of scary for me working with lye for the first time and I my stick blender was still in the box so it was the first time for that also. Glad that first time is behind me!

We got some hot chickens here in MS! 96 here today. They get ice cubes in their water a few times a day and they have that redneck a/c that I move around the coop and run. Getting them a wading pool (litterbox) and a couple of bricks for them to stand on tomorrow or Thurs.