MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

:happy0203: Got a nice shower going on right now. One of those gazillion little green blobs of rain cells finally sat on us for a time. It came down as real rain....not light shower. And not torrential either. CO is real good at creating the conditions for 'torrential'.... :o

I'd like a few hours of this but alas, the blob is not large and it will be moving on to the NE far sooner than we'd like. Hopefully anther blob will pass over us.

MtRider ....btw, the 'blobs' are from the Doppler radar site.... {in case y'all think I'm seeing green thingies in the sky} :008Laughing:

We've been sorta "work camping" for about a week...in temps in the upper 90's with heat indexes of 100+. We stocked up on Gatorade though and kept hydrated. Kept me visiting the bathroom too! :-) But the work needed to be done for a friend. We still have more to do but perhaps the weather will cool down in a couple of weeks or so :-)

Whoa....3" in Phoenix? Bet that was running thru the streets!

:amen::cele: WE GOT HARD RAIN FOR ALMOST AND HOUR TODAY :cele::amen:

And it wasn't even making ditches in the driveway. I think the ground is like cement right now. Hope we get another dose tomorrow....and the next day....

I have heard that our so-called "Monsoon Season" might finally be here. It's LATE!

MtRider ....better late than fire..... ;)

It's 93 here today. Why oh why do I choose the hottest day of the week to mow. Sigh. I didn't realize it was that hot until I came in and checked the temperature. No rain in the forecast so I probably won't have to do it again for a couple of weeks. It's getting too dry here again.

It's abut 94 here today and humid! I'll be glad when summer is over. DH had to go to the doctor but at least it was early before the worst heat of the day,

I got even hotter when we got home and tried to use a handy man to help do some small jobs DH is unable to do anymore. How do people get to be so dumb? Don't know how to properly use mowers and other equipment. This wasn't even a young kid..this guy was 45 years old. He nearly messed up DH's new mower! I can't afford to pay for an idiot and I definitely can't afford to buy new equipment. I was just trying to help DH from getting overheated and maybe having a stroke or something. I guess I better learn how to run this stuff and do it at night by myself.

Still been scorchy-hot and humid...but today is a bit cooler...in the upper 80's. Glad for that! MrWE2 is scraping and painting some exterior windows at the downtown historical hotel so he's having to go inside periodically to take a cool break. He couldn't go to work on the inside rooms because the desk rented them out :-( They're wanting them done before the 11th for the state fair :-(

61 degrees here; cloudy; probably rain.... :woohoo:

Much colder last nite. Had to TURN ON THE FURNACE so I could wash my hair.

THIS is why I live at 9,000' in the Rockies and put up with 2 foot blizzards. Our 'monsoon season' has finally arrived. :cele:

MtRider :amen: rain!

Hurricane off the Baja. They said we were only going to be in the 90's and have issued a flash flood warning for half the state.

Right now, just a few light clouds overhead and it is already above 100.

:coffeescreen: Our DD's are like that. After Hawaii living, CO is CHILLY most of the time.

I saw 100 on our thermometer yesterday. :o:blink: I was truly afraid to go out onto the sunny porch but I did....quickly got to the thermometer and picked it up. Yes, it's coil device was directly in the sun but ....it was not that hot. :grinning-smiley-044: It dropped to 80 when I picked it up.

:tapfoot: ....'bout gave me a heart attack!

Thanks for the tip on the hurricane, Annarchy. Cuz that might cycle up from you to us.

MtRider :wave:

You are cooler than us! It's 87 here. Did you run and get your sweater? :008Laughing:

Almost. Lol. Sure enjoyed it while it lasted.

We got 3 minutes of light sprinkles and it cleared up overhead. Noon news said Tucson and Phoenix areas were being hammered.

Yup, back up over 100 the rest of the day. Go figure.

Aww...a bit of rain would be nice for you, Annarchy.

Yes it is churning up our way. Got green - yellow - red [purple, even!] blobs on Doppler all over CO today. Hearing thunder booming nearby but not here yet. But one greenyellowred blob has us in it's sights. Small blob tho.

MtRider ...will be unplugging computer, etc soon :)

God watered our garden today :-) MrWE2 had to quit painting (the hotel used and is still using, oil base paint) when the rain moved in about 2 this afternoon. He finished the inside work that needed to be done but is really having weather interruptions...rain. God for us but not good for painting the hotel windows.

Another scorcher today. Abby-girl and I will wander over to the Homestead and check the garden to see what might need pickin' and take our travel trailer linens etc. back over to the trailer. During summer traveling months we keep it pretty well geared up except for groceries and clothes. When we get Miss B back on the road I'll re-gear her up too. We like to take "day trips" with it and should be decide to stay over night somewhere (for whatever reason) I like to have it geared up and keep some canned goods "just in case" that would last us 2 or 3 days (long enough to get us back home).