MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tornado Season

39 tornadoes in the midwest Wednesday. 1 person died , drowned in her storm shelter. There have been a lot of water rescues. Highways were open this morning but smaller roads may still be flooded. About 25 homes and buildings destroyed near Norman OK, I think. South of the city?

http://www.weather.com/news/news/plains-tornadoes-storms-flooding?cm_ven=Facebook_TheWeatherChannel_News_JBa_Article_No_1_20150507_twcplayer

Nothng went on in our neck of the woods. Did get some rain today though, and Friday and Saturday are supposed to be very rainy and windy. We'll be delivering flowers again on both days, so that's going to be a job for sure...especially when they put balloons on the arrangements :-( We usually drap a large trash bag over the top of them and make a dash for the vehicle and than another dash to the recipients front door...then....remove the bag! Sure wish the weather would just "stay up in the sky" Friday and Saturday :-)

They have found all the lost persons from the Tornado in Van TX. Also , a place in Iowa had some good video of a small but strong tornado. I have been utterly amazed at all the tornadoes in the last few days to a week I guess? I have a friend who had grown kids and grand kids in Denton TX. My DS and DIL were living in Mansfield TX a year ago, and I saw pics and articles about flash floods in so many places,but also in Mansfield TX they got into deep water there, too, flooding.

TURN AROUND, Don't DROWN.