MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

raisins and gin

It's worked for me too with the stiffness in my fingers and the pain I have with my Achilles tendons. I tore both of them pretty badly during the fall and I don't think they're ever healed totally. I realized the other day it was gone. Usually when i sit or lay down for any long period of time the tendons constrict? spasm?....not sure what it is... for about a minute. The pain was bad. Really bad. I had to hold my breath and walk to get them to loosen up. But, its gone :-) and i hope it never comes back.

I did get to my local food co-op and found borax in the homeopathic form. It's made by Boiron for $6.29 for one of the little tubes. You can get it on Amazon as well. This would be something to have in a bug out bag or to use while traveling. I have used the homeopathic pills for other things and they worked for me.

The sciatica hasn't completely gone away...but there's been a lot of improvement. I have to admit I'm doing more for that than just the borax. I'm using a homeopathic remedy for nerve pain called hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort), ice and heat, rest, certain exercises I got from the doctor....anything to make it go away. Now, two weeks ago I couldn't get up without using something to help push/pull me up. This morning I was able to get up without pain and do somethings without pain. But, I think I may have overdone it because I had a big spasm a bit ago while getting out of the car. Laying on ice right now. I will keep doing the borax because I really feel like its made a difference.

Thanks for the heads up CGA! I had never heard of this before.

I am AH! I haven't had a single spasm in my Achilles tendons since I started using it. Not one. That in itself makes it worth it. My fingers also are not as stiff in the morning. As I said before it wasn't really working for the sciatica so I did break down and go to the doctor Friday. They gave me an anti inflammatory I've never used before and a muscle relaxant. I finally am getting some relief from that.

• 1 month later...