MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

problem with home page?

I hate that my first post here is about a problem. But everytime I go to the home page (I simply bypass it and type in the url to the forums) my computer warns me of a trojan horse. I dont' know if my computer is being overzealous. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

I hate that my first post here is about a problem. But everytime I go to the home page (I simply bypass it and type in the url to the forums) my computer warns me of a trojan horse. I dont' know if my computer is being overzealous. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

If you have a good anti-virus software program you should be able to scan any web site before actually logging into it, if you have any doubts. I'm not a pc guru, but I know my AVG allows me to do this.

• 1 month later...

tomight my anti-virus program (avast) blocked access to mrs survival, deeming it a dangerous site. then when i tried to go another route, the computer said 'no such site exists'. Third time was the charm, but it sure looks like somebody is messing with the mrs...

If you have a good anti-virus software program you should be able to scan any web site before actually logging into it, if you have any doubts. I'm not a pc guru, but I know my AVG allows me to do this.

It's the anti-virus program that says there's a trojan horse.

:gaah:

:groooansmileyf:

Sorry folks, I was on the road all day, (MIL time of month). When it rains it pours, but that is another story.

Last time I checked, 2 days ago, everything had cleared up. Google had a site re-director on one of their search links for our site. They said they had corrected the problem and when I checked the link, it was working normally again.

I need to talk with our "Boss" :darlenequeen:

In the mean time, while I search for the problem, please keep your antivirus software up to date.

:shakinghead:

AVG might cost a bit, but it's worth every dime to have things up to date & trying to watch our pc's. Unfortunately, anti-virus' don't protect us from Google's meddling. I'm still cleaning files from my pc after downloading that stupid chrome :-( Every time I run my cleanups, I get the question "do you want to re-activate Google Chrome?" ... so I know it's buried DEEP in my system and without a professional I don't know how to be rid of it :-(

aol now says you don't exist, and tries to steer me elsewhere. I got to you via pinterest, following a link they had. don't know how long that will work.

Sounds like it's time to post (or email for more privacy) the IP address for MrsS.

Yep...some of the other sites are doing that. They've been hacked or ??? and nobody could even get to the sites....and they're not membership type sites.

I know Midnightmom, we are in the process of fixing the problem and I did not post the IP addy.

My PC and my Mac do not give me any warnings. Google says they fixed their linking system, I still need to report the problem to the other search engines. The only problem is my PC and Mac do not show the linking problems so I am unable to copy/paste it in a bug report to them.

Using the address posted above seems to help...THANK you! I was alarmed at the thought of not being able to stop in....

Tonight my pc kept telling me "no association with this site". I couldn't even get to any sites. I checked AVG, everything fine. Checked on board software (word etc.) and they were fine. Did a restore, tried again...no luck. Finally checked my designated browser order, and "somehow" it had been changed to Google...which I do NOT use!!! Changed it back to my default browser and things "somehow" began to work fine. I despise Google. I made the mistake of downloading their chrome crap and it bugged my pc so bad that I like to never got rid of it...perhaps I still haven't found all of their little "cookies"? Grrrrrrr......

• 6 years later...
4 hours ago, Littlesister said:

What happened to the side bar that shows where everyone had posted at.  Everything has changed. the chat box was over top of that and now all that is gone.

I think there was a post recently about the chat box not being kept updated by the software, or perhaps the hosting company - can't remember. But I'm pretty sure it was dropped for that reason.

ETA: Here is the link to that thread - 

Edited by Midnightmom

Found the chat box, birthdays and all that was on the side on the bottom of page but have to hunt it down to see it.  It is very hard to navigate through the forum the way it is now. Hopefully it will go back to the way it was soon. Seems to be on the home page one time and then disappears at other times. Just don't know how to fix it.   

Can't find a default button to try so will see what I can figure out.