MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh it's very welcome....I was just enjoying short sleeves and sunshine...and being able to do stuff outside... :lois: Plus I just got my hair straightened...so I've been trying to dodge rain drops to keep it looking good... :happy0203:

Edited by dogmom4

Yeah....brrr Jeepers. I think you're colder than us!

Dogmom....I KNOW about the hair thing! Do you know that when I used to fly from arid CO to humid Maui......I could feel my hair getting SHORTER as the plane landed.

MtRider :( That's the biggest thing I'd miss if we left CO!!!! I'd hafta shave my head!

MrWE2 says he's never seen anybody with hair as straight as mine...and it's true. I put mousse on it, curl it with a curling iron (small barrel) and spray...and it will get me through a day and maybe a second. Then it's time to wash, dry and start all over again :-(

DD1 has determinedly STRAIGHT hair. She can't change color or style except cutting. DD2...also Korean...has a different texture and has a few more options. But both decided long ago to just wear it as is. Length can change. Pinned up formal or down in the breeze can change. But even DD2 hasn't tried "a perm" since high school.

I'm SO envious of their long, straight, dark hair! That's always been my ideal in hair! :wub:

So today was an almost "humid" day in CO. Didn't rain but the air was a bit "moist". Low clouds and no wind made it feel kinda....eerie quiet.

MtRider :hidingsmile:

Sunshine. Massive clouds. Dripping blops of squishy snow. Just cloudy. Lots of "bean bag pellets" falling....tiny white balls bouncing, skittering down the granite hillsides. Rain/sleet.

MtRider .....we're having "weather"!

...continued from above:

Sunshine again. Temps drop down in the twenties. Massive clouds again. FOG rolling in! And chilly!

.....feel like I'm in the Pacific NW! Moist! You can actually smell things!

MtRider ...what a strange, varied day! :unsure:

Edited by Mt_Rider

First THUNDER/lightning of the season. It heralded a half inch of multi-sized graupel. [kinda like hail but soft - made from snow instead of ice]. UNPLUG laptop [my battery is long dead so have to actually shut down]. Did some "What If Power Goes Out" tasks. Power stayed on. We're having tiny little blobs of 'weather' all over most of the west. No single blob of weather stays long. Sun's out again. All white wet stuff is melted already. Grass is really showing....so early! :lois:

MtRider .....I don't mind moisture if I don't have to shovel it! :amen:

We've had a strange Spring. Last week was snow and ice and melted-in-sun- and snow and tiny hail and melt and more snow. In a DAY! :scratchhead: For several days off and on.

And then it started to warm up, and yesterday I found the first Morel mushrooms of the season. :cele: More today, but I left them in place.

We've got some skeerrry stuff predicted coming down from Pacific NW. Forecasters are getting different results from different models on this one. They know it's a strong LOW but ....where the LOW ends up will determine who gets a load of precipitation. Higher elevations will get that white precipitation you have to shovel. <_<

I like to watch the HIGHS and LOWS and the Jet Stream on this site....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/national/weather-surface-maps

But...we've been so warm...if we just wait, it might melt on it's own. Mebbe?

BTW....those of you east of us....this system will likely plow it's way eastward across the country so look out! Anyone in PNW experiencing this one right now?

MtRider ...windy today as this system moves southeastward... :behindsofa:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Yikes....if you watch this global wind map Jeepers found, you will know that the land masses usually don't have that much wind action. Mostly shows up on the oceans.

I'm looking at it at nearly 5pm on Thursday.....and Western half of US is a mass of conflicting winds. Very strong off-shore winds on the Eastern coast too. I look at this site nearly daily and I've never seen THIS much wind activity on land.

Note: Put cursor over the middle of US and double click for one enlargement.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-92.89,40.72,1024/loc=-104.137,39.551

MtRider .....weather is SO interesting! But this does look rather ..ominous? :blink:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Yes, it is accounted for next week in my ten day forecast, windy a bit, rain and snowy junk possible but who knows by the time it gets here, it will just evaporate fast now.

Probably enough to wet things down good for a few hours or so but thats about it here, but closer to you it will be more intense weather. Nebraska had warnings up about it , mostly rain concerns.

Some flooding ?

Edited by sassenach

Weather.com is saying a months worth of rain could come in a day. That is supposed to be south and West of us in Oklahoma. That would mean anywhere from 4-15 inches of rain!

Accuweather is not a good forecast for here so I never check it.

It was 70 here yesterday. Temperature from early morning can rise as much as 40 degrees.

It was clear this morning but now cloudy with moisture laiden clouds coming in from the south heading northwest.

Weather warnings in affect all over my state. CO is supposed to get the worst of this thing but ....we're so varied. Blobs of weather that are baaad run right up to areas that are hardly affected. Forecast has predicted as little as 2" and as much as 2 FEET. Top of the Fourteeners....3 FEET. BIG SPRING STORM. Fortunately, we so warm so early that this should melt quickly even if we get a foot or more.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/powerful-april-snow-storm-colorado-rockies-high-plains-denver-cheyenne-wyoming/56695537

MtRider ...think I'm gonna run out and get on a horse quick...'fore it all turns white around here! :wave:

:amen::cheer: I DID go out and ride. Snow began at 3:30pm. Didn't begin to stick in our high elevations until now...5:30 pm. Most areas still have rain. We've turned back to winter in the past few minutes...big, sticky flakes. High moisture content. WHICH becomes a problem for tree branches getting too heavy and breaking......and sometimes dragging electric lines with it.

These are the storms that produce power outages. :( Would get mighty cold with no heat.... :campfire:

Severe thunderstorms/tornado weather in CO eastern plains. :behindsofa:

MtRider ...Springtime in the Rockies....