MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SCORCHY SUMMER!

Went camping and it was in the upper 90's every day. We had off-site activities so we didn't even put the awning out nor our chairs or mats etc. Shortly after we dumped and left the campground we ran smack dab into a storm. Had to drive in it most of the way home. Our garden's loving the rain and our barrels are full! PTL. Still hotter than blazes though. Waited until late to go visit the garden and do some pickin'! LOL Got blooms on our cukes, crook neck & zucc's too! Bush beans have some "nubbins" too!

not too hot today and is starting to rain. BIG NORTHEAST AREA DOWN TO NORFOLK VA TORNADO WATCHES AND WARNINGS TONIGHT, starting in about an hour, as long as til Dawn.

What fun.. I goeth to prepare a closet inside inner room..... sigh.

Yikes, Sass. I just shifted my Doppler map over to the East. I see what you mean. Unsettled weather all over but....you all in the East have the worst right now. My brother/niece are at the other end of that line of storms ...down in VA.

Wish you had a better storm shelter than a closet, Sass. But work with what you have! :hug3: Use WE2's idea and put on your moped/bike helmet if it sounds like something might hit!

MtRider :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Just been listening to music and writing like a fiend. lately..... thats been some really funny stuff the writing....... told Marcy about patched in phone call from President Putin and Trump.... end of America genre, love story , how in heck did I end up a Colonels wife any how ( who is an incredible wood worker and evidently sketch artist as well. world class and fine non gmo farmer and horsemaster.. spec forces retired, CIA international sort, supposedly retired now, but oh the Militia can use him..... hmph.... well allrighty... . Nothing like finding out the Governor is an old army buddy of the Colonels........ I had fun with that character...... the book is so darn funny but profound too in so many ways. Amazing what happens when you win the Powerball.

Well, heck, I just charmed Putin after all. Im good! But you should see what his special request was! OMGOSH.

Brad Thor can eat his own heart out as far as IM concerned.

It is bit too adult to post here.... well, very adult .... on Fireside....... and its already 850 pages, Im really trying to finish this and go next sequel..... I need to edit of course..... but its a whippersnapper story , Militia needs and such..... 100 acre farm and huge multipurpose Cob home ,,,,,,, but well Putin came out of nowhere but hey, cell phones dont work right now...... in the story...... lol. Oh I hate surprises like that...... over the phone.

and now, its the evening before two days with Putin and Trump arriving in private helo with a surprise for 3 young Russian soldiers who defected from their attacks , midwest USA and we have them working on the farm ....... heck they knew how to build real haystacks and the community's baler died, needed parts after chaos and war struck after banks shut down...... ends up Im a real cousin , of the nth generation, my polish maiden name is related to their family name..... oh, and Putin loves this......

talk about freaked out now and so is the Colonel.... what the heck!

This is going to end the first book..... I have lots of editing to do..... but second book is Russia assisting to clear ISIS and Chinese out of America for us...... evidently he has a change of heart about a lot of stuff....... and then rebuilding starts with Russias help. All I wanted to do was a legacy for my grandson , veteran equine therapy and also for adults with aspergers...... heirloom seed production nd root crops to help local grown situation so we can diversify ad then Dolly Partons impromptu musical USO efforts to say thanks the militias ........ and well we really didnt want to go political ....... at all......... talk about being uncomfortable....... impossible to say no to such a request and with the war and displacement situation my family does get there, and my son nd his family and then DIL's family members or most of them.... hmmm family stuff........ hmmm well that sort of works but yep theres some humdingers..... as always...... our whole federal government just hid itself, left us to deal with attacks galore etc...... since trump did have over all positive percentages he got requested to be sworn in , and well. I guess Im about to give him a run for the money in this story....... wth??? me? ha!

Putin is easier than Trump , lol and hes very scary and he knows exactly who I am , relatives and stuff and who David is...... talk about being UNCOMFORTABLE, but they need our help and well Putin was entirely generous from his end......... gee, I really would have loved an international phone call a few days back......

And no they dont want to talk to the Colonel first......... they want to talk to me, since it MY FARM and my ideas on what I wanted to use it for..... and well my cob home is 4800 sq feet...... and 4800sq ft..finished cellar made with stone block , like a dungeon of old...... how we get it built and furnished, out buildings and every thing else is the first part of hte story and then the effects of war and how folks get there and what doesnt happen due to the attacks.... and an incredibly intense relationship that is really golden for several reasons.... highlighting how society is lately , in a nutshell and what we do about it for each other , who me? Yea, me.

We figure its God , because everything happened once I won the Powerball..... this guy was managing the realtors office for two years and for some reason had been intrigued by me in the neighborhood , but he felt shy of getting acquainted, oh and remember my crazy landlady, he leases his office next to her shop.... my old apartment building..... I get to walk in to try and find a house for my friends down the street ...... and so that begins.... opportunity?? yep..... and he has an incredible daughter and grandsons, with her hubby out to sea on one of three subs out of Bremerton who get

damaged'......... and have to be towed in.......my son ends up seeing Chinese bombs striking he Big Island one evening and Koneohe is the only base they end up evacing the spouses and families from while whole of Hawaii under attack..... like in 12 minutes time..... and hes had to watch his wife go off to defend the Command Post....... shes the Finance Officer as it is.... slowly everyone who shows up has different adventures and ends up there...... well the place is filling up fast. We did prep like crazy and yea you win money like that your bank manager will tell ou to get squared away fast these days. I had help just fall in place.

Add in Dolly Parton , George Straight ....... and lot of others. we provide refuge and we are still waiting for a little outdoor concert moment..... all kinds of actions.......and some very poignant things going on..... and now, PUTIN. Oh my gosh.... .

we now have 600 acres ...... organic soil all ...... arkansas all I can say is things came together fast...... all in Gods timing and well, its is quite a story so far. and we have to train all incoming folks since most were city slickers , heck I have a lot to learn , and yes its not lonely!

This whole farm is meant to simply be legacy I can hand down to my grandson..... well its a bit complex I can tell you and we cant even find the time to train my son as main manager and teach him basic farming, manual labor stuff really... how to be a farmer manual, tech manual idea comes up, this is what we all used in the military vocations we had..... but we havent had time to do it yet...... the hits keep coming and some are absolutely very hard to handle emotionally but you end up having to do it anyway... when its like this scenario..... no time for fancy stuff, especially international and dangerous intrigue...... but well, we get stuck with this...... nothing like having men like Trump and Putin ask you to do them a favor...... its a heck of an obligation too. ( Skeery) .

Edited by sassenach

post-63323-0-36722700-1467409445_thumb.jpg

post-63323-0-75107400-1467409479_thumb.jpg

post-63323-0-69520500-1467409555_thumb.jpg

GS, 1 yr , first pic

GS, varied ages so far ( at aquarium for his birthday)

GS , first time seeing the waves of the ocean in Hawaii,he was just fine up the way on the sand but right down where the water was........ well, that scared him....

Please don't use for any purpose, these are copyright protected, and US MARINE PROTECTION /US ARMY spec Forces guys .... they are serious., no joke, will be applied if needed , but I thought you might enjoy seeing how he is doing. strawberry blond to darker red hair, and blue eyes. sturdy, quick crawling, happy little fellow who is very smart... so its private. thanks, but yea, my book is for his sake as well, and all the veterans out there.

:24::blush::hidingsmile::sSig_help2::imoksmiley::shakinghead::gaah::animal0017::blink::o:o:0327: .... and I'm Colonels wife and he was CIA and overseas operative for several years..... so he could pay off his first wifes cancer treatment bills, but she was the vindictive sort..... oh.... da man needed to heal from all that...... theres so much going on....

What a tale I can spin after all, eh?

Oh my Sass. Such a little cutie patootie! I'll bet you can't wait to get your hands on him. Yep, what's posted here...stays here.

It was in the 70's here and today on the 1st. of July it's a scorching 62 degrees. I'm not complaining though. I haven't had to turn on the air conditioner yet $$$. I didn't turn it on at all last year. Suppose I should fire it up this month to see if it still works. Don't need that surprise in Aug.

I've been waiting.....and waiting......and.....all those green splatters of rain allllll over the Doppler.....yet none of them have hit here yet. Rather not have the yellow/red/purple Doppler colors. But just green [rain] would be lovely.

How you doin', Sass? Yellow alert areas still over D.C. area...thunderstorms. Least my brother isn't missing out on 'boat time' on the weekend...yet.

MtRider :shrug: At least it's no where near hot here..... 45 degrees last nite. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mt_Rider

I was fine it stayed far south of me after all but I know Albany area and east of there into Massachusetts looked like some possible twisters moving fast, hoping folks and buildings are ok, they were not huge,but all it takes is a good one, these were going for miles and miles.... I havent gone to see weather.com but they would have reports of course of affects... that was classic storm cells on the radar there for last night.

I worked a bit on my writing and watched movie or two, trying to settle from the high humor of yesterdays stuff I wrote because the next scenes need to gather our wits for anyway in the story..... and I have to be in different frame of mind and awareness levels to do that different scenario part... so I am listening to music and figuring it out better now after some sleep.

Yeah, Annarchy. It came up to visit us. Good tho. We've been dripping all day. However we might get some storm action ...seems to build up later. Dunno tho. Kinda weird....quiet, clouded, still..... :unsure:

MtRider ...think I'll head out early to feed tonite... :wave:

Rained most of the night and most of the day, so we loaded up and headed for the city to Harbor Freight and Cargo Largo. Needed some Nitrile gloves for MrWE2 and a few other little things we can use. Then din-din at Pizza Street. Saved all my crusts for Abby-girl (I forgot to put her emergency food bag in the truck) and she was a happy traveller! We don't feed her much table food but I do give her bits of pizza crust now and then when we have pizza...for a treat :-) She's a terrific vegetable eater...even loves raw cabbage. I chop it up in small pieces and add it to her lunch. Did make the mistake of taking a drive after her lunch and we experienced the Flatulina Fairy of Cabbage graced the back seat of the truck. Windows down!