MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Parent Drama: Doing Good In Spite Of Abuse

Wow!! good for you for drawing a line.

After reading all the posting; I now wonder if I have become a large burden to my daugther; unfortantly she has been supporting me for the last three months ... been looking for a job, but no one wants to hire me one age two been out of the work feild to long. Have manage to get a couple of part time jobs. I know she has been worring about her old ma and has been under a lot of stress. And so busy it's unreal. But on a good note finally got her talked into taking some time out with her hubby and take off for a few days. I can and will watch the kids and take care of the animals.

There's a difference between needing help from famiy and taking advantage of them. It sounds like you're receiving help, but are doing everything in your power to help yourself. Are you trying to guilt your daughter into doing more for you? Complaining that she isn't doing enough? Criticizing her for anything and everything? If you answered "No" to those last three questions, then you're not a large burden or pain in the butt - you just need some help for a while. And it's nice that you're watching the kids and animals so she and her DH can get away for a bit. I think you have to become A LOT more demanding and difficult if you want to compete with some of the mothers being posted about here.