MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Find molesters with Megan's Law link

Guest Guest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Debbie, it is a GOOD idea to call your local law enforcement, and ask to speak to the office in charge of the RSO's. Then tell him you live surrounded by X,Y,&Z offenders, and you have children. Ask for their opinion on potential recidivism, ask if they are complying with the rules of their conviction/parole or whatever it is called in your area. Make sure the cops know YOU are concerned for the welfare of your kids, and let them know you will report any suspicious behavior, but be sure to make it clear you have not observed any to date (unless you have of course!).

I have one 345yds from my front door. His offense was against a 6yr old girl...I have girls around that age...I called the cops and talked to the officer in charge. She was very helpful, and I am less worried, but NO less watchful!

-Vic

Just keep telling your friends about the links, show them when they come over, print out photos of them, get the neighborhood involved!

why isn't this offense a death penalty or at least life in prision without the possibility of parole? (letting them in the general population)

It is a crying shame against our generation that sex crimes against children and women, only get a slap on the wrist,unless death occurs, it is an abomination that these degenerates are allowed to roam the streets. Death penalty should be the only penalty for this type of crime, that is the only cure for these pediphiles and rapists, they will never stop until they die.

• 1 month later...

I don't have any respect for child molesters, of course. We have already checked around our area for those that might harm a child.

Wes, there were two things missing from your post

1. Most molesters aren't limited by geography. They will leave their neighborhood to find a child

2. You forgot to mention that posting a sign in someone's yard who has paid the price the "law required" could be harassment! I disagree with this step. But I think it is fine that they know that I know and I have my eye on them.

I had one abused by a friend of our family. We will not return down that road of experience. Thankfully, our daughter is fine and doing very well. She is 21 now.

Abusers don't change but the law hasn't figured it out yet.

Please bear in mind also, that the ones listed are the ones caught, or the ones who have been since that law was passed. I know a notrious offender where we used to live. He was caught once and is not in jail. He does not have to register, because his offenses he was busted for, occured before the law was passed. In addition, there are ones who have never been caught. I like these sites very much that tell people where the offenders live. I just always want to emphiasize that just because your next door neighbors name is not on there, does not mean they are innocent, just not yet caught.

• 1 month later...

I'm new here, but I just wanted to thank you for this INVALUABLE information! We almost bought a house with a child molester 2 doors down, I'm so grateful for these links.

Please keep the great info coming.

Lisa

• 1 year later...

Thanks for posting these links.

We have one living in the next town over (pop. 75) and half a dozen in the county seat 20 miles away (pop. 8000). These creeps are everywhere and NO, THEY CANNOT BE "CURED". Whatever one's sexual orientation is, IS.....and nothing is going to change that.

• 1 month later...

In the Uk we don't have a Megan's Law, however, we have a new law called Sarah's Law (she was a beautiful child killed by a Paedophile and her mother Sara campaigned for our version of Megan's Law). Sarah's Law basically says any parent can find out of a Paedophile is in their area, but there is no notification of them or who they are etc etc.

Archived