MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A few ideas :)

Darlene

I really appreciate everyone's feedback. There's some good ideas and suggestions. I talked to Annarchy for a few minutes yesterday about this and she's raring to go! I'm excited to clean and update the site :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, Twilight.

Later I'm going to post a really funny video of Momma Opal getting into a laundry basket with her newborn babies this morning. Eight puppies, one Great Dane in one laundry basket...don't think so.

Edited: Or maybe a 'pet' or domestic animal section.

Edited by Jeepers

ps...it also appears that nobody messes with the "blogs" part so why is it taking up space? The "chat" ???

Just as an aside... any of y'all who had a blog at one time or another ought to go back and read your entries, quick-before-they-get-deleted. :grinning-smiley-044: I got a good giggle, going back and reading mine.

Wow that was a long time ago. :P

What about a ..bookshelf..where quality books could be added with description not sure where it would go as it would/could have a broad range of topics.

Maybe a section on YouTube in same section?

I think a forum called "Book Shelf" would be wonderful Twilight :-) Could be a "go to place" for all online e-books etc. as well as links to other online books...ie: pams pride etc.

Darlene, perhaps you would like to visit our 'spin off' site, icsarchive.org. The Paperback Shelf. Be my guest, raid at will. I have quite a few regrets about the Cookbook Shelf, part of the Paperback Shelf. After we got all the pdfs verified as PD, it fizzled. Nobody wanted to help build the indexes. I was really looking forward to using the text search engine and have an 'ultimate' recipe search. Perhaps some folks here would enjoy doing that if you hosted your own.

As far as links, I would pass on that. Like the Johnny Cash song lyric goes, "I've have seen them come and go, and I've seen them die, And long ago I stopped asking why". It becomes a nightmare to keep the links current, even if you do an automatic link tester.

Thinking of some of the things I have found in them, there could by some lively discussion.

Sarah

Just a thought...maybe a 'thumbs up, or 'like' option?

Of course that sometimes lets people off the hook from responding to a thread and the topic can die quickly. I don't do Facebook so I'm not real sure of the advantages/disadvantages.

Not sure I'd like the thumbs down option. Women + hormones + hurt feelings = :sad-smiley-012:& :angry: & :pout:& :blah: & :motz_6:& :baseballbat: & :engel-smilies-10-1:

You guys know you can type the code of ANY of the smilies, right? Just put your cursor over the pic in the selection below. It will show you the code. Some are too complicated but many are simple to remember so you don't have to go find and click on the smilie you want to use. Just type it in.

Which is why I have so many :whistling: [ : whistling : ..without the spaces] smilies in my posts.

MtRider LOL = : lol : (without the spaces)

Edited by Mt_Rider
spelling

Just a further tip..... some of you may wonder how you get this guy in the middle of one of your posts -----> B)

The code for that is capital B and a ) ....which you might do after A) and before C) ....if you are listing things. To avoid the sunglasses guy, just remember to put a space between the B and )

MtRider ....smilies, the ONLY tech thing where I'm a quasi expert. : laughkick : : 24 : : woohoo : : curtsey : : hi :

Edited by Mt_Rider

Thumbs up smilie has been there for years. The colon doesn't always work for me either. What I was talking about when I mentioned a 'thumbs up' was a little space in your post where someone else can just click on it and it gives a positive up vote without having to type in anything. Or meaning 'I agree' without having to add smilie.

Speaking of smilies...we could use some more. SOMEONE on this board could really use a 'duh' smilie. Can we add our own smilie's