MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Shingle Shot

Did anyone here get the shingle shot? Sigh. I'm having side effects and the dr. office is closed. Nothing ever happens to me during office hours.

Nothing major yet but it's hot and very itchy. A little sore throat and headachy too. Around the shot site is really swollen. It's about the size of two silver dollars lying side by side. And my arm hurts. I wasn't given any warning info.

I'll watch it tonight and go to Urgent Care if my breathing gets tough. Crimony. I'm allergic to everything and .....

Hold the phone. I just thought about my meds I need refilled and they close in 20 min. And they have a pharmacist. =)

I got there I time and he said it can be normal for some *special people and it will probably be worse tomorrow. No problem unless my breathing becomes labored.

*He didn't really say special. I just threw that one in.

Whew......I was getting worried as I read your post. Then.....you had a brilliant idea! :cheer: So glad you thot of the pharmacy.

But if you have any difficulty, get to ER!

MtRider [...I read the title "Single Shot" and thot she had some gun violence in her area..... ] :rolleyes:

I guess I kept breathing through the night. My arm is red, hot, itchy and swollen and I have flu like symptoms. It hurts from my shoulder to my elbow. I'll be okay. I read on line AFTER I got the shot that people allergic to neomycin shouldn't take the shot. Well guess who is allergic to antibiotics including neomycin. :hi:

Even so, I'd still rather have this than the shingles. If I get the shingles I'll really be p!ssed.

Thank you all for your concern! :hug3:

Uh yeah Mt.Rider, I took a single shot to the arm. :D

Edited because I didn't finish 2 sentences.

Edited by Jeepers

Glad you are doing better. My DH had a horrible flu shot complication a few years back. His muscle mass on his upper arm is getting harder to find and the pharmacist hit something wrong. We had to go to the ER and it was bad. (Don't ever let a chain store pharmacist give you a shot)

Good advice Momo. I got mine at the Dr. office but they should have given me some warning signs to look for. And antibiotic allergies is on my chart. Well, probably buried in their computer some place now.

I was kind of hoping they would give me one of those Epi pens in case I needed it. It would have gone straight into my medical supplies. I'm always on the hunt for non-OTC things. Get a splinter...give me some Tylenol 3 . B)

Glad you are doing better. My DH had a horrible flu shot complication a few years back. His muscle mass on his upper arm is getting harder to find and the pharmacist hit something wrong. We had to go to the ER and it was bad. (Don't ever let a chain store pharmacist give you a shot)

I was thinking about getting the shingle shot at my pharmacy because I thought it would be cheaper than a doctor office call. I was just reading my insurance plan. It said if you don't get the shot from your doctors office, they won't pay for it. Yikes, glad I got it while I was already there. That shot costs between $150.00 - $300.00 dollars. :0327:

Dumb Luck.

I had chicken pox as a child, lupus by 19, shingles hit my insteps one day in 1983 or so, what fun . I found out old remedy is make a paste of Kitchen Thyme and water and apply, natural steroids.
Hoping you feel better, drinks lots of plain water too, it will help flush that stuff out of you. I hope you get better soon, its not fun< I know. :hug3: