MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Coming bad winter - HOAX...

Cat

This one is finding a *huge* audience on FaceBook. This particular one's info sent up red flags to me, so I checked it out and even on the site they say it's a SATIRE site.

Meteorologists Predict Record-Shattering Snowfall Coming Soon Bread & Milk Prices Expected To Soar

http://empirenews.net/meteorologists-predict-record-shattering-snowfalls-coming-soon-bread-milk-prices-expected-to-soar/

Complete with a US map picture.

Click at the bottom - "About/Disclaimer"

Now, the one place that apparently *did* get last winter's prediction right is saying that it will be another bad one, but not to the degree that the fake one does.

(For my region) Oct 18-23: Rain and snow showers, then sunny, cool;

http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange

It's usually better to trust your "nesting" instinct ladies. Men don't have it :-) We've noticed the humming birds seem to be gassing up earlier and leaving. Also haven't seen too many Robins or other city dweller birds lately. A bit early for them to be leaving? In our neighborhood we usually have a lot of squirrels but we aren't seeing them...don't know why, just an observation. Even the city dwelling rabbins don't seem to be as numerous. Surely the dogs & cats haven't eaten them all? We'll be going to the Roost tonight to fill up our water containers. If we don't need them right away that's fine, they'll be there for future needs. Like truckersgal, we don't plan to be standing in a soup line. When we started preparing for "crisis management" we knew we wanted to have what we needed for two years or so, and have what we needed to plant a garden to come in behind/in front of the first year to supplement crisis management to enable saving as much of our set backs as possible.

We've been up here the better part of the past two decades and ....the aspens are turning golden early. Last year...year of CO flash flooding, they pretty much turned brown and fell off. But not this early.

MtRider :frozen: Winter cometh.....but I wanted a nice long autumn!!!