MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Start counting our miles

logcabinmama

For those of you who have not in the past done many or any exercising, you may want to check with your Dr. first. You need to find out just how much you should do to start with. For those of you who have any heart problems you really should check with your dr.

I know some say that you should start with just a few minutes a day, about 5 - 10 minutes and make sure you don't over do it. You may be able to exercise this length of time 2 or 3 times a day. Then as you are able, you can move up to longer times. I am still under an hour a day, and not even every day as of yet. I do need to get up to at least 5 hours a week.

Now, when you exercise, be sure to keep track of how long you exercise. Then each week post your miles in the 'Spa' forum. See, this way we can keep track of the miles.

I know that the exercise is one thing that I have to really work at, and have been trying to get it in these past few weeks now.

If you make yourself a chart with the days of the week on it and what you are doing to exercise, it is easier to keep track of it.

I know I have one, and I have listed the following:

Miles walked, Miles biked and then Other exercises. If I ever get to the point where I am doing anything with weights again, I will also put in the list, Time with weights. If you want to, you can also have a space for your weight and BP.

I know this helps me keep track of what I am doing.

Happy Exercising.

It has been about 2 years since I hurt my knee and stopped walking so much. If you look back in the Spa, I was walking so much and enjoying it and then I hurt my knee so stopped walking. Then with the situation with our DS and his boys, things just didn't work out for me to do it and I was so stressed out so much of the time.

I have now decided I can

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am not walking... because this is what we are learning in my tap class...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i9wNpTmYvc...ser&search=

this is my instructor with one of the students filming. This class represents the high energy that goes on in the class for 6 hours a week. Then there is 3 hours of ballroom!

GOODMORNINGFLOWERS2.gif not yet afternoon here. smile

Sorry, Kayla, I hadn't seen this before. IMSORRYINPURPLE.gif

Of course you can count DANCING8.gifDANCING7.gif of any kind. smile Probably have to decide if it is 1/2 hour = a mile or 1 hour = a mile, all depends on how fast and hard it is. smile

Is there anything else I haven't put in the 'things to count'? If you think of something else, just let us know. smile

Haveagoodday-1.gifHAPPYSATURDAY10.gifHUGS35.gif

• 4 weeks later...