MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

update on pat

Hi all thought I should give you the update on my brother. The chemo seems to be working, the tumor are shrinking. However his white blood cell count is low so they have to reduce his treatments. He is now on injections every day to boost his blood cell count..... steroids to build his bones again.. a side effect from the chemo. He has had four chemos, will have four more and then they are going to send a cathader sp..

up his leg? send is radiation to kill the blood supply to the tumors. It has been confirmed that it is primary liver cancer caused from a blocked bile duct.

All in all they say there are things they can do..... Pat is feeling very positive right now, when he isn't sick from the chemo.

Just thought I should update you all, since you've been so supportive and wonderful in sending you prayers his way. Please keep them coming.

The radiation treatment should hopefully be done a few days before xmas, we are hoping he will be well enough to celebrate with all of us.

thanks again

Brigid

------------------

brigid.gif

That's great news, Brigid...we'll keep praying. I hope he's able to celebrate Christmas with you, too. I gotta say, I'm real impressed with you...you have been really cherfull and loving towards all of here at Mrs. Survival in the midst of your problems! You are a strong woman! I'll keep praying for you, too. Thanks for being such and inspiration...

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

That is great news smile.gif I really hope he feels up to celebrating the holidays with you all, but even if he's still too weak I'm sure this news is like an early gift to your whole family!

------------------

becca.jpg

another quick update. Pat had a full round of chemo on Friday, so the his white blood cell count is up again. Still taking needles for three days in a row, before chemo treatments. He has his good days and bad days, last week was a bad one. He's so sick almost 90% of the time, a little down, money is getting tight. sigh...

Keep the prayers coming. please ....

------------------

brigid.gif

Here is hoping that he begins to have more up days than down, and they keep coming more and more until he can't remember how long it has been since he has had a down day.

((((((((((PAT)))))))))))

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg