MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

I hope you GETWELLWITHDOG.gif .

Platform-Forearm Crutch, these are really nice crutches. We have a pair as when MIL was so bad she had to have them and we still have them. I've used them too. Had a cast on one of my feet when I was younger, (about 30 years ago), (wow, guess I am gettting older), and needed some crutches. Time really goes so fast. These really work great. :) They are adjustable so that really helps, can be used by short and tall people alike. :) You can find them at: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1W1AURU_enUS498&tbm=shop&q=forearm+platform+crutches&ei=APHuUJTQO8vxqAHDwIGIBw&ved=0CK0BENsLKAAwDA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.aWc&fp=76602e3aef88d9c3&biw=1680&bih=831

I tried to put the picture but, it wouldn't allow it. But, you can see it at the url. :)

You take care Michael, and keep that foot up.

enjoyyourdaysnowman.gifHUGS37.gif

Well it is Saturday and we are going to a 1 hour Postage Stamp Auction - no seats!

So we will see how I do?

Also the Movie Lincoln is playing in local theater just this weekend and seeing Lori LOVES Lincoln we are going.

SO there I can sit for 3 hours. Know the owner so I have an aisle seat waiting and can bring in a foot stool so my leg is up!

Sounds like fun! We haven't been to a movie for quite some time, just seems like we've had alot of irons in the fire.

For us it is called : Date night!

on $4.00 each so worth the mony - LOL

some movies are OK to watch at home on our big TV ( no TV just DVD's) but sometimes it is better to watch on the realy BIG screen! Most time we will go for a walk downtown before or after the movie but not this time. - LOL

the Guy that runs the movies even saw us outside and let us in early (cruches will do that) , then told us to go and get our seats (on hold) and later he showed up with the tickets so we didn't have to get up again.

It sounds like a nice date night :) The movie theater guy seemed really nice and thoughtful as well, it's always nice hearing of people like that.

Life is good in a small town where no matter where we go people are always saying hello and asking how things are going. shopping would only take 20 minutes if we could get in and out without 'visiting' LOL

but we love it!

OK, so it has been a week and a few days since I decided to take a vacation (LOL) and yesterday while at home was the first day without crutches. Still have a few gauge pads covering the wounds but they are heeling up good.

Tip for you -

Hate having to 'tape' on the gauge pads because they don't come out easy? Get a pair of panty hose (raided my garden supply) and cut off one leg from ankle to hip. After ointment is put on pads and you apply them gently pull hose over leg to cover, they will stay in place and hold things. Mine are a pretty green. LOL

Sounds like Michael is now UP and OUT! LOL

Well.........................................................

Things WERE going good until this morning!

Woke up with a Charlie-horse (?) at 4 am on the other leg? And as I jumped out of bed to work it out forgot that my left leg was not working.

So with all my weight on bad leg I fell on the floor taking down the totes that are next to bed!

Which woke up Lori of cause! Not good to have your sweetheart woken up with a crash!

Finally got me up and doing the stretches (up on toes / toes up and rock back on heel - again and again and again) to relieve Charlie-horse pain, only to find I have banged my left kneecap bad on dresser!

Oh, the fun of getting me downstairs to go potty when one leg hurts so bad I can't put pressure on it and the other killing me with pain from hitting it against the dresser!

So Good morning and other than THAT! It is a good day. LOL