MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

FESTIVAL OF FALL

First cool morning we've had here! Yay!!!! About 63 when I woke up. Sure, it's supposed to get up to 87 today and with 80-90% humidity, but the doors are open right now! Weather channel says 2 more days of upper 80s to 90 and then lower 80s for a while. As long as it is cool in the morning, I'm happy!!! It's been a long, hot summer and I will be glad to say goodbye!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extremely windy yesterday. Whoooshhhh.... 4am, 68* by 8am, 62*. Then the clouds moved out and the strong wind came in and the sun warmed things up into the mid 80's. Sprinkled a couple of times in the morning then again sometime last night.

Today is much better. There's a breeze, but not like yesterday. Mid 70* already.

In all the wind yesterday, I found a dollar blown into my yard. :amen:

I was sure I posted here today. Anyhooo, it was about 58 degrees all day with light thunder storms and heavy rain. We really don't need any more rain. My grass is too tall and I need to change the outside light. It blew out two days ago but I'm not changing it in the rain. I'm afraid respect electricity and don't mix it with water even if it is just changing the bulb. Prowlers will just have to fumble around in the dark for a couple of days. :cheeky-smiley-067:

About 72, cloudy with a nice breeze. Put our ad in to pick up fall (bagged) leaves and left-over straw bales from Holloween. Already picked up about a dozen...and the lady didn't tell us they'd been sitting out for ??? and they were already breaking down...inside the bags...peeeeewy! But next year's garden will love it :-) Since the city quit picking up bagged leaves, and since most haulers charge people to haul them off, we usually have plenty to picki up.

Another W I N D Y day like the other one. Ripping stuff off the porch and trying to deliver it to the uphill neighbors. DH and Koa went for a walk to collect plastic bags that protect stuff on our porch, etc..... :twister3:

MtRider .....but, it will certainly dry out the hay fields :amen:

Beautiful day today. It's 72 degrees and sunny. I finally got the yard mowed and the outside light rebulbed.

Another #$%^& woodpecker has moved in. It is tearing up my front porch pillars again. They are hollow and those birds just keep pecking holes in it. This new one has a hole at the top right where it meets the porch. When they find out it's hollow, they just move to another spot. It sounds like a jack hammer inside the house. I like birds but I could blast woodpeckers. There is a whole woods of solid trees right behind my house that would make a lovely home. I drove the lawnmower right beside it and it just looked at me. I went out and flailed my arms at it and it finally flew off. I think I saw smirking and eye rolling. It will be back.

Jeepers, ya sound like my dad. They have a wood house and about go crazy when those daffy birds get started. Big damage too! Have tried the fake owl and such. I gave him a super-soaker water gun. It works if you want to keep running out there to spray them. :rolleyes:

From Alaska, huh, Annarchy? Skin of ICE in the goat's water bucket still at noon today. :groooansmileyf:

MtRider ....winter cometh :frozen:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Woodpeckers do extensive damage. They have drilled several holes in my porch support posts. Each hole is at least the diameter of a silver dollar. As soon as I came in, my neighbor on that side came home and has been outside washing his truck. That has helped to keep Woodrow away. That and I sprayed the newest hole with some strong perfume scented Raid. Tomorrow I'll douse it with some regular perfume. I have no idea if it will work or not but anything is worth a try.

Woodpeckers do extensive damage. They have drilled several holes in my porch support posts. Each hole is at least the diameter of a silver dollar. As soon as I came in, my neighbor on that side came home and has been outside washing his truck. That has helped to keep Woodrow away. That and I sprayed the newest hole with some strong perfume scented Raid. Tomorrow I'll douse it with some regular perfume. I have no idea if it will work or not but anything is worth a try.

I'm a firm believer in white vinegar, liquid dawn and peppermint oil...:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I got home from my mini-vacation to find the porch still standing so Woodrow must have figured out the posts were hollow and moved on. There is still another hole I'm going to have to fill in though. Destructive little dudes they are.

It was down to 39 degrees last night. I snuggled down with the heating pad. Once the bed gets warm it pretty much stays that way. Then I hate to get out of it. I postpone turning on the furnace for as long as I can especially when I know the daytime temps will be back up there. It was 60 today. The sun coming in through the windows helps heat up the place...as long as I can remember to go pull the shades when the sun goes down.