MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Oh What A Night

Jeepers

I went to the Olive Garden last night and got hit on :008Laughing:.

Okay I WAS sitting at the bar (take out) and he did have a beer in front of him so he was probably soused but I'm counting it! I said," Hey big boy wanna buy old sweet cheeks over here dinner"...in my head! Then I figured he'd want to follow me home if he was buying. And it was take out. I passed.

I got home and turned on the computer and started to eat and about 5 minutes later Scarlot the Dane started giving birth. Heaven! She had 9 live and 5 stillborn. I always bawl at the stillborn's but I recoup pretty fast when I see the others. I'm getting better. :blush:

Soooo, wanna see hour old Great Dane puppy toes-ies? It's the tail end.
And can you guess why this one is named Seagram?

Edited: Yikes, sorry the last one is so big. If I can edit it, I will.

Edited: That's a little better.

post-2492-0-84456300-1443357040_thumb.png

post-2492-0-12204200-1443360509_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeepers
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sept. 11th. 8 were born. Now they have 9 more and another is ready to give birth any day now. Oh and another one is due in Oct. It was all planned except they weren't sure about the first one because she had fertility problems in the past and it was the first time for the 'baby daddy'. They have lots of room in the house and plenty of volunteers and staff. They are way behind on the puppy training because one dog only had 1 stillborn and another didn't get 'with pup' as planned. In the mean time, the applications are piling up. Will be interesting to watch them grow and learn and go to their furever home to do what they were born to do.

I might have mentioned this before but not one of the dogs are ever sold. After they are trained, on site, all are donated to a verified disabled person and veterans are first in line. Training starts at birth and they don't go live with a puppy raiser until they are of a certain age and brought back for training. Dogs who don't make it as service dogs either stay at the farm or go to live with a staff/volunteer or a long time friend of Carlene as a pet. Just thought I'd throw that in there in case 'puppy mill' entered the mind of someone new here.

Seagrams 7 is whiskey.

From Wikipedia:
Seagram's Seven Crown, also called Seagram's Seven, is a blended American whiskey produced by Diageo under the Seagram name. Seagram's beverage division was acquired by Diageo, Pernod Ricard, and The Coca-Cola Company in 2000.

Seagram's Seven is typically consumed in combination with a non-alcoholic beverage, such as cola or lemon-lime soda, in a highball. Seagram's Seven with 7Up is known as a "7 and 7". It's also often used as an ingredient in Manhattans. Seagram's Seven has an ABV of 40%.

Will post more pictures soon.

Mischa (MEE-sha) just finished. A long night again. She went very fast until the last one. They tried walking her and everything else they could think of. She would have contractions and then stop. After about 3 hours they talked to the vet, who was watching on the internet, and he told them to give her a Pitocin shot and another one in 30 minutes if the first one didn't work. Contractions started again and stopped. So, off to the vet they went. They did a scan and x-ray and said one more puppy was in there. If she didn't have it soon, he would have to do a C-section. It had been 7 hours since the last one was born. He gave her another Pit. shot and sent her home. A vet tech went home with them. About an hour and one more shot she finally had a stillborn. Really, it was a relief just for it to be out and she didn't have to have surgery. She was really getting tired so I imagine it could have been pretty dangerous for her. When a stillborn happens, we say that a soldier service man/woman in Heaven is waiting for their service dog. It helps a little. However...she did have 9 beautiful healthy babies and she is doing great. All babies latched on and she is being a great first time mom 'whizzing' them when they cry. Did you know a newborn puppy sounds exactly like a newborn human baby.

1. Someone was not amused about the whole thing.

2. Womb wrinkles.

post-2492-0-57477500-1443459548_thumb.png

post-2492-0-72793800-1443460162_thumb.png

Edited by Jeepers

Wheeeeee.....MORE puppies! Yay to the new mommy.

Ok......so Seagrams is 7 :scratchhead: So I went back to the pics and looked.....looked.....

:happy0203: Now I see it! What a weird marking! If they all came out like that, you could tell them apart.

MtRider ....nope, that was out of my experiential range... :lol:

Will post a few puppies tomorrow but here are a couple of the bigger kids.

1. Ava

2. Morgan

3. Neal. Remember he was the one that had a hard time getting landed at the air port a month ago because of weather. He turned out to be a real pistol! He's really funny. Looks like he is finally starting to grow into his huge feetz.

post-2492-0-34783300-1443582412_thumb.jpg

post-2492-0-07510700-1443582427_thumb.jpg

post-2492-0-57652200-1443582443_thumb.jpg

A few more.

1. Puppy Tongue

2. Kisses From Mommy

3. Cozy Sleeper. (I want go in and scoop this one up and run home)

4. Wee Wee Pad User. (Only 3 weeks old and potty trained already....sort of. He went, it counts. LOL)

Yes Jeeps...#3 caught my attention too. I've named him "Tux" (for tuxedo!)

Me too Dogmom4

Five things that totally amazed me about puppy birth.

1. They sound exactly like newborn human babies when born

2. They are born with sharp little nails

3. They are born with tiny hair-like whiskers

4. Mom's don't seem to have labor "pains" like humans. Thank goodness. I've never heard one make a sound.

5. Everything else.