GEORGE IS A PLEASURE TO HAVE IN CLASS.
WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH HIS WORK THIS TERM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

From Bella's Mom:

Today was Wacky Wednesday at school. This is Bella's last year to enjoy Wacky Wednesday since they don't do it in middle school. So that means Bella said she had to go totally wacky and even have George be wacky. Bella did 3 ponytails, different colored hair, scarves, 2 different sneakers, crazy patterns! Pretty silly. She also had to get George wackified. George had different colored hair and a blue tipped tail, then Bella put his harness on top of his vest instead of under. They had a great day being silly.

post-2492-0-31369900-1456973414_thumb.jpg

You're right. I hadn't really noticed how straight she is standing. Seriously, all of her doctors said if it hadn't been for George she would be in a wheelchair now. She has sure come a long way. Who'd a thunk it. She is doing another charity drive. This time it's Team Bella and George ball caps. She donates all of the money. Half to SDP and half to Boston's Children Hospital.

Get the tissues ready. There is a company where you can order a box a month for your dog. It's called BarkBox. Once a month they send a box full of treats and toys just for your dog. You do have to pay for it of course. They also have a program where they honor a dog (not just service dogs) and give him/her a special day called Dogs Best Day. It's a fun day that is just for the dog. George got his Best Day Ever and some of it was filmed. What this company does for the dogs is awesome. They also gave $1,000.00 to SDP in George's name. We are trying to get Hunter's Wendy for a Dogs Best Day too. Hope, Hope, Hope! I'm not sure how often they do it.The film is about 5:40 long and pretty cool what the community did for George on his Best Day Ever.

Hummm, link below isn't showing the video. Will see if I can find it.

http://www.boston.com/life/2016/03/09/this-mass-service-dog-stayed-the-fairmont-copley-plaza-ate-wahlburgers-part-best-day-ever/ad4efNQAWSoGpbskKp602L/story.html

Edited by Jeepers
  • 2 weeks later...

In a few weeks the TV show The Doctors is flying George and Bella out to Hollywood to tape a segment for their show. Don't know when it will be aired yet though.

I'm so darn proud to be involved with Service Dog Project. I'm sorry for bragging but I honestly think making the conscious decision to help support these dogs, many years ago, has been one of the most important and rewarding things I've done with life. :sad-smiley-012::sEm_blush::rolleyes:

Carlene mentioned that we have donated around 100+ dogs and each one of them are just as spectacular as George. Only difference is George and Bella have the cuteness factor going for them. I kinda agree. Except for Ethel of course. Ethel is my girl and everyone there knows I'm partial. :wub:

Ready for some Japanese TV? Early this winter a Japanese film crew came to SDP to do a filming and to learn about the Danes. It was finally broadcast today in Japan. "Car-ah-leen-ah" and "Geor-gee-ah" san were on. It was very sweet. A few times the audience gasped when they saw how far Bella had come. It shows her as a baby through her surgeries to running in the snow. Steve and dog Charlie were on too. Steve is a veteran who got Charlie because of PTSD and now they are both trainers at SDP. It was funny watching them speak Japanese......dubbed.

Their segment starts at 40:28 and runs to the end with a commercial break in the middle.

http://video.fc2.com/content/20160324RXzXM3vV

What a joy to watch...but had to fast forward past the cats! LOL Then it was such a sight. All I kept saying to myself from the start of their "journey" was VICTORY...VICTORY...VICTORY! (Hmmm...maybe they'll raise up a pup by that name! LOL)

Edited by The WE2's

That was amazing to watch! I'm curious though...the part where Bellas mom was swinging her around...was George playing when he jumped up on the mom or do you think that was "protecting" Bella? He seems so well trained that a big dog like him could be dangerous jumping up on someone when playing around.

Very good observation! The Japanese camera crew ask them to fool around in the snow. I thought George was playing around. But Carlene commented on it and wasn't very happy. Understatement. She doesn't hold back on her opinion...she's close to 78 so she's long past being PC. She commented that it wasn't a very smart (I think she used the word stupid in there somewhere) thing to do and he was indeed trying to protect Bella. They are taught to not jump on someone. She doesn't even allow 'rough housing' type of play with the puppies so he was definitely confused. Bet they won't do that again in front of George again...ever!

• 2 weeks later...

A camera crew from London was at George's house last week filming. It's for a show called The Secret Life Of Dogs. It was filming through the eyes of George. Sort of a 'day in the life' sort of thing I guess. It won't be shown until some time in 2017 though.

They were in CA. last week filming a segment for The Doctors show and got treated to Disney Land.

And to think I bought Wee Wee pads and powdered goats milk for him when he was just a pup. :24:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...