MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Myers-Brigg Personality Indicator

Remember a few (?) years ago when we were talking of this test to find out which personality type we all were. It's not an "are you crazy" test.....but simply indicates how one perceives their world. And it gives a percentage of how many [within the gazillions that have taken this profile] others perceive their world like you do.

So here is an article about the basic types [there are sub-types as well] who tend to make the most/least money in our current culture. Current culture influences who we are but it really nearly mandates who will have the advantage in financial endeavors. Nearly...but not entirely.

For those like me who savor the WHY and HOW questions of life....take a look. I found it interesting.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2015/02/23/personality-types-that-make-the-most-least-mon/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

MtRider :pc_coffee:

There used to be a site you could take the full test and get your personality profile over the Net. Here is a shortened version but.........without the full test, you might get inaccurate results unless you are fully within one type or another. Me....I have bits of each and need the full inventory to determine my results more fully.

http://www.personalitytype.com/career_quiz_2

This is a chart....have to enlarge to read, that gives "top 5 jobs" each type would be well-suited for. NONE of the 5 under my type would be suitable for me, however. :behindsofa::grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044: :grinning-smiley-044:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5407ae486bb3f7b01d030c02-1200-1718/bi_graphics_personalitytraitjobs.png

Just to let you know, the full test has many SUBcategories and these show only the BASIC 16 types. LOL .....I'm of a type that loves DETAILS in my world because I perceive that they give me more accurate data. :happy0203: Then again....this particular test that has been around for at least 25 yrs....shows that of the gazillions that have taken it, there is only ONE PERCENT of those folks who perceive their world like I do. :whistling: and that does not surprise me at all. :grinning-smiley-044:

MtRider ....have fun.........IF you are of a personality type that might find interest in this. :P

Daylily.....a rare one like Annarchy, Ambergris and I. .....Methinks we have rare individuals here at MrsS.....not a normal cross-section of the population. :grinning-smiley-044: 'Course this site says that 2-4% of people taking this test perceive and process their world as INTJ. Other site with the 70+ question test says <1%.

I took the test again [about the 6th time]. I didn't bother with the short test in my first post here but the real version in that link Annarchy found in archives. It's much more accurate than guesses. I posted my results over on the old thread too. The percentages of how much you are introvert/extrovert tell things too.

MtRider :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider
INFJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

( not so sure over the J over the P) I pick up on certain things really really fast and astonish others with it a lot.

That type is supposed to be uncommon too, Hazelstone. DH comes out strongly that way in most aspects ....except he is not a detail nor language person. Einstein type....yes. Quintessential absent-minded brilliant professor type...definitely!

MtRider ...he and I went over this again. Gives a point of reference to see where we differ in perceptions about things. :wub:

Edited by Mt_Rider