MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Women Only Please Read - Question on Rash

I could have been reading about my own symptoms in your post! This is going to sound nuts but, out of sheer desperation one morning when I was getting dressed, I applied anti perspirant to the areas under my breasts. Figured the area staying wet from sweat was causing the problem so why not, nothing to lose. It worked. That day I hoed the garden and sweated so bad my clothes were soaked but, the rash was actually better that evening. Within a few days, using the anti perspirant, it was cleared up. Your milage may vary but hey like I said, nothing to lose.

Hi ladies I haven't posted in awhile because quite frankly it has taken some time to get this condition under control. Oh my gosh it was so bad and I was so miserable. Well I had tried previously some of the things recommended or was doing them already, but others not. I did start wearing only cotton underwear, have not been able to find a bra. I do have some cotton I call them rags that I fold and put between my skin and where the bra touches. None of the pills were ever going to clear it up, it was to bad. What I finally did was of courses when I shower I can only use Dove soap, everything else breaks my whole body out, but my final rinse in these areas is with cool water. When I get out I dry completely and ALWAYS and I do mean ALWAYS use my hair dryer to dry these areas completely. I have found that the Desitin cream works the best for me. I put it on and let it set for awhile in all the areas. When it was bad as I was getting dressed I would use the cotton rags under my breast and stomach areas to not let anything touch the skin. That has helped so much not letting anything but the cream touch the area. When it was bad I would even change the rags several times a day and wash daily. I feel a lot better, with this Texas heat I won't say it hasn't popped up small places, but I immediately got right on it. I can't use the deodorant (even thought I think it's a good idea because that breaks me out too..allergies..geesh!). I think my pops back up because of the heat here, but I also have it in the winter now, so I think a lot of it has been the stress and my diabetes and not taking care of myself properly. I haven't eaten right since my dad passed and I would be lying if I said I am now. I'm just trying to survive emotionally right now and want to live which I find very hard. I know that's awful to say and I ask you to forgive me for not giving my life more meaning, I'm just grieving I guess and all alone. Right now life isn't very important to me, that's the depression talking sorry.

Anyway I won't go there but I will say thank you to everyone who answered this e-mail, because I learned so much and so much wonderful information. Thank you all you helped me solve my problem and yes I do have desitin stocked up and am also looking into some essential oils to also help. I know Tea Tree Oil is a great thing. I haven't checked into oils much, but am just now learning about them. Thanks so much everyone for helping me, the ones that posted know how miserable I was and gave great advice. I'll be forever grateful.

TT

Just try to keep in mind that there WILL be life after grieving. Not all at once. But don't be shy about grasping any bit of relief from grieving. It doesn't dishonor our loved ones when we restart our lives. Wait for it. Gradually it will happen. Be kind and patient with yourself until this hard, hard time has eased.

MtRider :grouphug: