MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi from Northern Ireland

Daisy56

Hello, Daisy56. Glad you spoke up, and this site is good no matter what situation we may have residentially or what problems we may be running into with how economy affects us or disasters and other things going on 'out there'. These ladies and gents have taught me much over the years and filled in a gap with heartfelt kindness and help many times to me. I try to pass it on to a few folks I know who appreciate this kind of thing around here, locally.

I would love to do a road trip one day, Lord willing, and stop in and meet many of them and eventually be able to attend Darlene's Gatherings. Of course, the ultimate goal for me is while on such a road trip, find a spot of land where I can drill for good water and settle upon it and make it mine and grow good food on it and do what I really want to be doing. So many interesting threads to follow here!

I have a bit of the Irish in me, and my son is part Scots, so hence my name change. Rather a matter of fondness and pride rather than discriminatory, thanks to the Series and Books Outlander which I love to read.

I think lots of us have a good part of Irish DNA. My brother barely escaped being named Archibald after my mother's grandpa Archibald Carney. Nahh, that's not Irish-sounding, is it?

WELCOME HOME!!!! :hug3:

Well, now... you already know us. :) It always surprises me when somebody says they've been lurking for awhile. How could you NOT jump in??? :happy0203:

We're moving a little more slowly these years, though. There's just so much going on in the world that I think we get overwhelmed. But we still have a LOT of great things to share, and if you can't find something you'd like to learn more about, just ask. We LOVE questions! If you wonder, you can be sure someone else is wondering the same thing. So you're helping us help others. :D

There's a bit of Scotch/Irish in my background, too. More Scotch, but I think the family used to say "Enough Scotch to be tight, and enough Irish to fight for right" (or to be strong, depending on the speaker! :) )

:wave:

• 1 year later...