Forum Fury

Stephanie

We've all heard of Road Rage, but what about Forum Fury? 19.gif

Instead of blasting your horn! rog.gif

Instead of taking matters into your own hands! snyting.gif

Instead of biting someone's head off! 2.gif

Instead of going into hiding! :behindsofa:

Instead ... try these alternatives...

1. Step away from the computer - maybe you could read a book for a while. bokmal.gif

2. Give the person the benefit of the doubt - it is often easy to misinterpret someones written words. kaffesmile.gif

3. Hit the notify button!! Give the moderators a chance to moderate the situation, make them earn their big pay check, OOPS :blush: they aren't paid. Well, still, they want a chance to do their job. prettyplease.gif

When you see a post that doesn't sit right, please don't be a participant in Forum Fury. All this does is set off a chain reaction of jabs and stabs that never ends well. 2.gif

Every post that you read should have a notify button, it allows you to ask the moderator of that forum to check out the post that you think may be out of line. If that doesn't seem to work, you can PM any moderator or admin by PM. checkemail.gif

Sometimes, a post or entire thread may go *poof*. There is a place for threads/posts to be evaluated by mods/admins. This doesn't mean anyone is angry with you or that you're in trouble now!! :tapfoot:

So, what I saying is, PLEASE Don't Make Matters Worse! The last thing we want is to have a family feud. lovayas.gif

We will disagree and sometimes we must agree to disagree, but we aren't going to accomplish anything by running off folks that have come to visit, just joined the family or been here a long while. We may have just sent packing the very person who could have had an answer to our next question.

grouphugg.gif

Yes. The Golden Rule of computer use: There is a human being at the other end, not just a screen. Hard to remember sometimes as our fingers are flying. It's not just a post....it's not just a post. (Took a LONG time for that one to sink in with me, LOL)

I also try to remember that when I read something, I may be perceiving it differently than the person meant when they wrote it. Unfortunately, we can't see the expression on the writer's face or hear the tone of voice when reading. I also believe that we are all individuals and as individuals, we all have different opinions and beliefs. We should respect each other and respect the fact that we are all different, nothing wrong with that. Besides, wouldn't be awfully boring if we were all the same and thought the same thing??? I don't know about anyone else, but when there are contrasting opinions here, alot of times, I learn from them and if nothing else, it gets me to thinking about things, ya know?

Thinking is a good thing Rita, I totally agree. :) I also have learned so much from MrsSurvival when just reading 'conversations' about matters that I had limited understanding of.

I think for me it all boils down to the heart. Some people can wield the written word as a weapon, just waiting to strike, to create confusion, to make their point.

While others try to communicate carefully so as to express their views, even if they are disagreeing, in a tactful manner.

But the PERCEPTION, that's the key. As for me, I can usually tell when someone is being genuine or just taking opportunity to be snide.

I find emoticons to be a great help to make the 'feeling' of the post clear...

Laie_54.gifthud222.gifSarcasmsign.gifHug5.gifwhistling_girl.gif I recommend them highly.

I find them everywhere!

If you see one you like, just right click on it, and then properties. The top line will be location. Highlight it and copy. Put . Preview to see if it shows up.

------

Some of the pages I have are -

http://www.animindo.net/forums/misc.php?do=showsmilies

http://www.syruss.com/animals/index.php?page=10

http://www.vpsingles.com/icons.htm

http://www.mumsmeeting.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

http://www.greensmilies.com/smilie-album/

http://s14.invisionfree.com/Smiliey_Hangout/

goodpost

I find that if I'm typing so fast that I haven't taken time to put in any smilies grin ....then I might be typing in a mood that means I need to hit delete and try again later.

Cuz I ALWAYS "illustrate" my posts. curtsey

MtRider grouphug

I don't use many smilies because it takes too long to load the page that has them.

If I am feeling irritated at someone for their post, I try not to reply till I've calmed down. I also try to stop and reread my reply and if I cannot figure out a nice way to say something, or don't feel I've made my point adequately (and could be misunderstood) then don't hit the submit button.

I don't use many smilies because it takes too long to load the page that has them.

I'm with you on that, CGA. I try not to ever load the full reply page.... :tapfoot:

But I memorize the codes to a dozen different smilies and type them into the Quick Reply. I'd feel muzzled without my smilies. Trying to pick out a cute, applicable one just makes me..... :)

MtRider :ph34r: <--- he's kinda cute

• 10 months later...
We've all heard of Road Rage, but what about Forum Fury? 19.gif

Instead of blasting your horn! rog.gif

Instead of taking matters into your own hands! snyting.gif

Instead of biting someone's head off! 2.gif

Instead of going into hiding! :behindsofa:

Instead ... try these alternatives...

1. Step away from the computer - maybe you could read a book for a while. bokmal.gif

2. Give the person the benefit of the doubt - it is often easy to misinterpret someones written words. kaffesmile.gif

3. Hit the notify button!! Give the moderators a chance to moderate the situation, make them earn their big pay check, OOPS :blush: they aren't paid. Well, still, they want a chance to do their job. prettyplease.gif

When you see a post that doesn't sit right, please don't be a participant in Forum Fury. All this does is set off a chain reaction of jabs and stabs that never ends well. 2.gif

Every post that you read should have a notify button, it allows you to ask the moderator of that forum to check out the post that you think may be out of line. If that doesn't seem to work, you can PM any moderator or admin by PM. checkemail.gif

Sometimes, a post or entire thread may go *poof*. There is a place for threads/posts to be evaluated by mods/admins. This doesn't mean anyone is angry with you or that you're in trouble now!! :tapfoot:

So, what I saying is, PLEASE Don't Make Matters Worse! The last thing we want is to have a family feud. lovayas.gif

We will disagree and sometimes we must agree to disagree, but we aren't going to accomplish anything by running off folks that have come to visit, just joined the family or been here a long while. We may have just sent packing the very person who could have had an answer to our next question.

grouphugg.gif

Well said! I wish these weren't necessary to post and simply understood all across the internet.

• 2 months later...
Edensong-didn't you use to have your own board?

Still do have my own board. In fact, we'll be 10 years old 04-11-10 -- and it's ALL YOUR FAULT~! :lol:

It was never my intention to have a board, but I was goaded into it by several former members from here. Honestly, they are a wonderful group of gals, but being an admin of a board is not my mission! lol I'm more about "doing" than "being" -- if that makes sense.

Archived