MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CALLING ALL NEW PEOPLE!!! (PART TWO)

Cat

Wow! So many people, both old and new, and so many neat ideas and discussions!

Hi, Cat! *waving* I remember you, and you, too Edensong, and Dee. . . . amazing.

I came back for a couple of reasons: 1) to let y'all know about Shepherd :( and 2) because these days and times reminds me of what brought me to MrsS back in 1998 - - - hard times are coming! And I think these will make the potential of y2k feel like a cakewalk!

I guess I need to go and post a profile or something, too, to let y'all know what's changed in our lives and what hasn't. Glad to be here, now & again! Hugs! :hug3:

Lynne, darlin'... I was really sad to hear about Shepherd and at the same time, very happy to hear from you again. A mutual friend gave me your email, but then my computer started acting up and I have had a string of hectic, costly, stressful things going on.

The motherboard should be here tomorrow, and when it's in and my computer is running, I want to do a "proper" post about you both. :wub: Love ya, sister-of-the-heart.

:bighug2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Found your site by way of a friend, and I'm thrilled to be here. :wave:

I've really enjoyed combing the boards and finding new ideas and information.

Have been prepping for years, although in a not-so-conscious kind of way..... just seems that I have a passion for "old" things, and I've collected them along the way. Most of which are in excellent working condition, and will serve our family well when the SHTF.

Currently we are working harder to prep with a very conscious attitude. It's something God is impressing on our hearts. It's very interesting that we are finding more and more folks in real life that are doing the same thing. Folks that have previously snickered at the idea..... Thankfully they're starting to feel the pinch, and have decided to do what they can, while they can!

I enjoy canning and dehydrating, and we've filled our freezers with home-grown meat. We also raise 20 chickens which provide our eggs. We garden all summer, and are already planning and plotting for the spring......It cant get here soon enough! lol....

Thanks to you all for being here and for "keeping the light on" for folks like me. I appreciate your friendship already. :kissy:

Blessings and peace to you,

Simply Blessed

:welcome4:

Thanks Martian Chick! I'm still poking around here. :) Amazed at all the info.

Love the penny pinching and recycling threads.

Also have a very soft spot for the "Reporting for Duty" section..... Our oldest will be reporting to Paris Island as a Marine Recruit in August and although it's his dream, I'm truly dreading it. Making the most of the rest of the days he's home with us......:americanflag::sad-smiley-012::pray:

Thanks again for your welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an "oldie newbie" member, having come here back in 1999, before the switch to the new host/board,. smile.gif

Me too, except I came here in 98 I think originally. I left in 01? 02? When dh and I went on the road and lost our internet access. When we got access again, I just never came back what with working, going to nursing school, and homeschooling my dd.

Things have settled down and I find that I'm pregnant again (VERY surprise pregnancy) and our youngest is 14. It looks like I actually registered here last year -- on our 15th anniversary no less-- and didn't post.

Anyways, I left my homeschooling forum and since we're ramping up our preps again now that we're settled, I thought I'd peek in here and see if I knew anyone and how the site is now. I knew Eden, Lois, Darlene, remember MtnMommy, Cat ... those are the names I've run across at least so far. Haven't gotten to really dig deep as I'd like.

So actually I'm here more for a safe place to discuss and people to bounce ideas off of. We're totally blessed that our neighbors are self-reliant people too and we're all good friends. One neighbor is retired Guard former Marine, our kids are best friends and we've discussed different scenarios.

How funny, Marjorie!

I'm drawing a blank on your previous username or the forum, but I could take a wild guess. :cheeky-smiley-067:

It was a small, private forum started after some conflict at this board. Several of us also were over there. It was only active for a year or so if I recall correctly, but it sure was fun while it lasted. Anyways, over there I was Little River. As I said, it was a LONG time ago -- '99? '00? I just happened to be using Oxyclean yesterday and remembered it. Add to that I saw a subforum here called The Front Porch and it all took me back :D

Anyways, I've been hanging around over here for a few days now, reading up on all sorts of old posts.

Went to Costco and got a membership today. Grabbed 2 huge packs of batteries, stocked up on organic peanut butter, bought 15 boxes of mac & cheese, and saw they have shelf stable milk. It's nice to be back around people who consider prepping to be more than grabbing a few extra cans of corn at the grocery store :)

I was thrilled to find a feminine site for preparedness and sharing ideas and support in the tough times. I think of myself as a gentle preparedness person. Our home is in continually saving, stocking up and circulating stock, gardening and canning, heirloom vegetable seed saving, making homemade mixes, raising my 8 hens and composting. We are currently reinforcing our home security due to the poor economy in the NW. We have our own business and strive to be as self sufficient as possible.

Wow, I found another me! I also think of myself as a gentle preparedness person, and live in the NW. We've always canned and stockpiled. I have seven hens and we used to raise our own beef. But we are older now and my husband is in poor health so we have given that up. We are in a buying group for organic milk and meat now. I'm interested in being able to pass on my knowledge of being prepared to my grown children and getting them involved with stockpiling, getting out of debt, and gardening.

It was a small, private forum started after some conflict at this board. Several of us also were over there. It was only active for a year or so if I recall correctly, but it sure was fun while it lasted. Anyways, over there I was Little River. As I said, it was a LONG time ago -- '99? '00? I just happened to be using Oxyclean yesterday and remembered it. Add to that I saw a subforum here called The Front Porch and it all took me back :D

Yes, that's the one! Anyway, glad you made it back here.

• 1 month later...

HI anyone remember me from Y2K ?? Im Karla, I remember Cat and a few others here, its been a long time girls but Im back :) and yes Im preping for the long haul. I al doing great but miss the chat and the info and the kindness. I hope you will welcome me back.

HI anyone remember me from Y2K ?? Im Karla, I remember Cat and a few others here, its been a long time girls but Im back :) and yes Im preping for the long haul. I al doing great but miss the chat and the info and the kindness. I hope you will welcome me back.

Welcome back!!!!

KARLA!!! You made it!!! :darlenedance:

So glad to see you again!

Im so glad to be back, but man this site is huge LOL where to start! I missed you hon, I thought of you often but life got in the way,. I see you still have a wonderful loving site. Im glad to be back and hope to learn more again !!! :bighug2:

• 4 weeks later...