MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsS Get-Together 2014 - Date set!

It's been a couple of months since I first posted about our 2014 MrsS Get Together so I wanted to let everyone know that a date has finally been set! Everyone is welcome to come whenever they want but we're planning on October 2-5 for the actual get together.

I hope that many of you can come. There's always something very special when we gather together face to face. I'm still planning on doing some soap making and body care classes and everyone that participates will be able to take home some of the things we make. We'll make some products that require the bare minimum of ingredients so that people can learn how easy it is to make these things themselves and we'll also do some fancier things just because they're fun! We'll forage for some herbs that we can infuse to bring healing qualities to our products and a host of other things.

I'm counting on Gunplumber to be our leader with firearms. It's so much fun to teach those that don't know how to shoot, and for those that do, target practice with a variety of guns and rifles.

Anyway, I just wanted to give update on the dates our get together will be and hope that y'all can make it! For those that don't know where I'm at...I'm up in northern Georgia, about 15 minutes from the TN/NC border...and about 2 hours north of Atlanta.

:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't be able to go. May be off work recuoerating from carpal tunnel surgery but will probably be too broke to go because of being out if work. I will have to olay it by ear. If I feel up to travel and have the money I could decide to go at the last minute. Having survery on August 8th for first hand and other hand not scheduled yet. Good chance will still be off work then but almost ready to go back to work. So if money is still available, who knows. Can't taje vacation because using vacation time for time off work so it will depend on money and when the doctor says I can go back to work.

Y'all ought to see how long my hair grew since the last..... ahem, trim! Almost to my waist....never been that long before. :shrug:

MtRider ....poor Wormie. :( ...vainly he held onto the table leg but was dragged across the room anyway..... :grinning-smiley-044:

Do you promise that no hair cuts of any type will happen?

:wormie2:

John

Are you accusing me of something?

lolol

Well ya see it's like this...I have had people approach me in parking lots wanting to shake my hand, and people that want to have their picture taken with me because they say I look like a certain person on TV that is now very recognizable. I would really hate to dissapoint my fans. And, it has taken me two years to get where I am and I really like the money I get from the pictures. :D

:wormie2:

John

Told MrWE2 and he says he'd like to come :-) Can you pm us with driving directions and what we need to bring to participate in the food/meals or do we just plan to feed ourselves? We'll be coming in our camper van so all we'd really need is a level place to park and an electrical outleft for us to plug our 30amp cord into. We have an inverter that allows us to plug in to a 110 as long as we don't have to run over 30ft or so.

If Stephanie can make it hopefully she'll bring some of her children. Regardless, the kids always have a blast so I know your daughter will really enjoy it! My youngest daughter will be here...she just turned 18 but loves kids of all ages :)

Oh how I wish I could go. Once I get my Stead in order, and critters going in the same direction, I plan on taking roadtrips with hubby and see the Country. I've finally retired and need to kick my self into gear. You all have a wonderful time and hopefully I'll be there next time! Reb

Still planning to come, bringing "Miss B". She'll be comfy to travel in and won't require any "set up" like the travel trailer would. Be aware friends, that I'll be mostly observing :-( But it will be a joy to meet some of my MrsS friends and MrWE2 is greatly looking forward to it, he likes to play wth precious metals :-)

Edited by The WE2's

Big thank you for Madison knocking on my twitter door. Has anyone else had a crazy busy summer? Oh my!!!

I've been meaning to check and put it off until I had time. Well, there is no time it seems so I just stopped and did it anyway.

I am so glad this is happening again. I hope we can make it as it is always a pleasure to see my dear friends and Darlene is so very gracious to open her home up to us! I will have to do some schedule finagling and see what we can do. Much love!

I was thinking earlier today, trying to figure out what I need to get done before the get together, that it's only 6 weeks away!

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!

Once I get Madison off to college tomorrow I'll need to get back home and hit the ground running!

For the most part (outside of a few things I'll get done before hand), there hopefully won't be any emergencies that will need help this year (please Lord, let it be so lol)...

I'm going to start making a list of all the things I want to teach everyone in regard to the body products and a few other things, like laundry softener crystals, etc. It'll be fun to get the recipes for everyone ready ahead of time and between the samples of everything and the recipes, everyone will be amazed at how much money they will be saving along with how much healthier all these things will be for them.

If anyone has any specific requests (I'd like to learn how to make this or that) let me know ahead of time so I can see if we can do that too!

Miss B went through some major repairs Tues & Wed...but...thankfully the lady we traded with had all the paper work and all but $190 was still under warranty! PTL. Gotta have her road worthy for the Get Together! I'm feeling stronger but still poop out about 3 each day and hit the memory foam for a relaxing read & short nap. Got the dishwasher going (didn't want to pump) finally so now MrWE2 has a "dishwashing maid" while I'm recooperating :-) We're both assisting each other cooking meals. Just gonna take awhile for me to get some stamina back. I'll go for next checkup the 19th, and then another in mid September...hopefully I'll get the all clear to hit the road for the Get Together!

• 2 weeks later...