MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

all american canner #930

I am trying to find out if I can use the all american pressure canner #930 on a propane burner I bought from Northern tool. It is a very simple burner, table top with only about 8 inch legs. It is made of cast iron.

I have one All American canner #921 and I have used it on this burner. We want to have 2 canners on hand. If the 930 is to big would the 915 be good as a still for making clean water.

i am looking at them at allamerican.com.

Also for curiosity sake would I be able to run the water distiller on a wood trash burner?

Guest Guest

HI!

I use a propane burner from a deep turkey fryer thinger. It stands on the ground because it is has 24" legs?? it is so sturdy, I put a 15 gallon cast iron pot on it filled with water and dunk turkeys in it! it supports that and my canner just fine... one at a time of course.

I certainly don't see what difference 8" legs would make.

ok... I got this idea get the burner out.. put it on the ground.. have your husband sit on it! there! if he doesn't break it a Model 930 won't!

Guest Guest

VeggieCanner..

ya mean he didn't like my idea of him sittin' on the burner? Heck I would talk my DH into it... then I would say something to make him blush like.. oh baby love them hot buns! ... then I would turn it on!

Archived