MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I made some electrolyte stuff and put it in individual bags so I can just add it to a quart of water and it will be ready in an emergency. It's the sugar and salt mix. Then I added in some Tang to some of the packs and Crystal Lite to some of the other packs. That is just for flavor and to make it more palatable. Now I'm starting to question that decision. I'm wondering if the other ingredients in the Tang and Crystal Lite will have any effect on the sugar/salt ratio. I already threw away the containers because I used all of the stuff so now I can't check what their ingredients are. Even if it doesn't say 'sugar' there could be fructose etc. in them and probably salt. Crud. Did I totally mess up the sugar/salt ratio by adding other ingredients to the mix? Any ideas?

A tiny sprinkle of Tang could be ignored. A pinch per tablespoon could be adjusted for with a little more water. If you mixed it half and half, treat the Tang as sugar. I don't think Crystal Light would be a good thing to add, but my opinions are not universally agreed with.

Thanks ladies. I didn't just add a pinch of Tang. I added enough, per instructions, to make a quart and then added 1 tsp. salt and 3 Tab. sugar. Same with the Crystal Lite. I was going to do some with Gator-Ade but didn't see the 1 quart instructions. That way I would have orange, lemon and grape flavor. I might need to go back to the drawing board on this one. Luckily I didn't make very much of either one. :sigh: