MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mom's Mason Jar Hanger

Well it's pretty but..

It makes me nervous.. how long until the weight is gonna tweak that tiny little lip that's holding the jars up by their threads? and what if you live in earthquake country?

Takes a huge amount of wall space. It not a deep storage so you have to spread further out. I know I end up with a lot of one type rather than many different types of canned foods, so you'll have a lot of the same thing in many rows.

And depending on how much you choose to store, it'll be a pain in the neck to rotate.

Don't think it would work for us either. I've just written on the end of the box what's in it, and if it's mixed, I say "mixed-veggies" or "mixed-fruit" or whatever. My home canned goods are for longer term storage anyway, and I use my can organizers for commercial canned goods.

Dittos - all that weight supported by trusting a rack on a wall mount just doesn't sound secure enough to me. Maybe for dried products, or just jellies, but not the heavy stuff. One failure near the top could result in a total loss, as they'd fall down to the other levels and knock them out, too.

Somebody's great idea, but I don't think I'd like it.

It's very pretty, but what a lot of work to install. Also, it's important to store your jars out of the light. Not only do I not have that much wall space, what wall space I do have I wouldn't want to have to cover with a dark sheet. It would look terrible.

Now, if I had a basement, maybe this would be worth considering? But for now, I'll stick with my regular cabinets. They're a pain to rotate, but things are kept in the dark and out of sight.