MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canning saltwater fish

Perhaps it's a "density" issue? Not sure, but I believe I saw a youtube video where Imstillworkin (or perhaps Bexarprepper) was canning some fish? Also, might try finding a copy of "Putting Food By" at your local library. I purchased one and I absolutely love it! My first encounter with it was an older publication and some things have been updated etc., but like I said...I love mine and go to it. Sometimes I use Ball, but mostly PFB.

http://www.amazon.com/Putting-Food-By-Fifth-Edition/dp/0452296226

Edited by Philbe

KING AND DUNGENESS CRAB MEAT

It is recommended that blue crab meat be frozen instead of canned for best quality.
Crab meat canned according to the following procedure may have a distinctly acidic flavor
and freezing is the preferred method of preservation at this time.

Philbe - nice to know that Putting Foods By has been updated! I have an older edition that I stopped using because some of the recipes are no longer considered safe (and I had all 12 jars of the apple pie in a jar ooze all over my pantry because of an unsafe ingredient.) Thanks for the update! I'm going to put it on my wishlist.