MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm definitely going to dehydrate several heads of cabbage but was wondering the best way to preserve red potatoes? Has anyone dehydrated them? I think I might give it a shot. If anyone has any recipes/suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for those who do corned beef, now is a great time to stock up! Not sure if it can be canned, but I know it freezes well.

Thanks for posting this! St. Patricks Day parade is this weekend. Last year was our first one and we caught TONS of produce that went bad before I had the chance to use it. I don't want that to happen again.

The corned beef flats here are well over $3 a pound. Not sale price for me. The points, with more fat, was cheaper. Well, I did pick up one large package...points. :( I so look forward to this every year but was disappointed in these prices.

MtRider :shopping: Shocked at a lot of the prices, actually. It's been a couple months since I shopped.

e

I'm definitely going to dehydrate several heads of cabbage but was wondering the best way to preserve red potatoes? Has anyone dehydrated them? I think I might give it a shot. If anyone has any recipes/suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for those who do corned beef, now is a great time to stock up! Not sure if it can be canned, but I know it freezes well.

I put some up last year. Cooked it first, then defatted it (ate it :feedme: [hot of course] didn't toss it), cut it into strips, strained the herbs from the broth, and jarred it up. :cook: It was nummy, nummy, nummy to the tummy, tummy, tummy! :yum3:

I canned some last year too. Sounds like I did it pretty much the same way as Midnightmom. I pressure cooked it, rinsed off the seasonings, defatted it, cut it into small chunks, put it in 1/2 pint jars and topped it off with water. I THINK I processed it for 75 min. or whatever you can a pint of beef for. I made small jars because it's just me here also it's a good size for a couple of sandwiches. Or I could add 2 jars for corned beef and cabbage.